SCer in Dallas 10/25 -10/29

My schedule is pretty full, but if we can work it out I'd love to try to get together. any evening except Tuesday (10/26)

Doug Franklin said:
I'm in if free too. I may be in a City meeting Tuesday night.
Hey guys, I'm sure my schedule should be pretty flexable. I'll know more after my Monday training class.

When it comes to DFW area you almost have to post in TCCoA. SCCoA is strong in Houston. TCCoA strong in Dallas.

Fordbastards strong in DFW and all over but mostly SHO guys.

Last edited:
Wednesday and Fridays are bad for me.... however since you're coming to DFW you might be interested in some racing action in Ennis on that friday, just south of DFW. There are suppose to be some SHO vs Mustang present to do battle and the T-birds were invited to join in...

Wonder if I could talk my wife into driving a drag race. Use her Stang for this. You know no burn out just hit the gas and go.

As of now, it looks like Thursday night might get the best attendance of the locals. Regardless, I will post my schedule after I arrive in Dallas.

OK.. I called the Harvey hotel on 114. They said they have a bar/restaurant and large screen TV. So, if we want to watch the world series, eat and talk, that would be an option. They also mentioned a Champs nearby. Game is at 8:25 in StL.. I think that means its 8:25 our time as well. :)

TbirdSCFan said:
OK.. I called the Harvey hotel on 114. They said they have a bar/restaurant and large screen TV. So, if we want to watch the world series, eat and talk, that would be an option. They also mentioned a Champs nearby. Game is at 8:25 in StL.. I think that means its 8:25 our time as well. :)
The hotel would be fine, but I think Champs might be a better option since they serve food. I think the game will actually start at 7:25 CST, most of the time sports are listed as EST. I'll be leaving in about 2 hours and probably won't check back until after the baseball game tonight.

OK guys, I've got my bearings....well, sort of. Anyway, I've found the local Champs and think that will be a good place to catch the World Series games. The local hotel bar is too small and they didn't even have the game on last night when I arrive. The TV was tuned to some prime time show :mad:

Anyway, my number at the hotel is 972-929-4499 RM #340

PM me if you want my cell phone number.

I still don't know my schedule just yet Kurt. I travel with job too. Will give a call for sure either way. Have city council tomorrow night.

Russell what is your schedule? Rebuilding your engine huh? Doing it yourself or in a shop. Curious of details!!!

I'm pretty much tied up until Wed. night. Could have some time then or Thurs. night. :)

I'm doing the motor myself, farming out the head porting work and the short block to Wells Racing. (www.wellsracing.com) Having them do a blueprint and balance to the short block. Putting new non-stock pistons, exact ones TBD.

Sent the blower to Magnum Powers for a MP II. Ordered a custom cam from CompCams. Got Kooks headers.

Doing some major cleaning and replacing everything that wears out like hoses,sensors, etc. I'll probably use braided steel hoses as much as possible. It will pretty much be brand new under the hood. :D

Shooting for 350-375 HP so we can run with the big boys next year in NASA Timetrials. I want to show what the TBird can do.

Here's a list of the major items going on:
ProM 75mm MAFS
BBK 75mm Throttle Body
SCP 3" Cold Air Intake
MP 3/4 Raised Blower Top
MP II Blower rebuild
MP Intake Plenum
BHJ Harmonic Balancer
Under Drive Pulley set
5% OverDrive Blower Pulley
Kooks Custom Headers
Ford Racing 1.73 Roller Rockers
Custom Comp Cam (.520 Lift 218/224 dur 114 lda 110 icl)
TotalSeal Rings
Lucas 42# injectors
255lph fuel pump w/Adj. FPR
SPEC Light Weight Aluminum Flywheel

I also got a set of supension tech linear springs that I'm going to put on with some koni adjustable shocks while it's down.

OK will shoot for Thursday. Guess I better step it up and do some of the same. tbird88 wanted me to know he does some porting so I may look into it.

Love to you guys even if just for awhile who ever shows. I am thinking of waiting until after election to leave town and head North.

Howdy Calvin!!! I did not have a inside door handle cup that was not cracked or broke. Did you ever get one?

Looks like Thursday night at Champs to watch a game.

Did you vote in poll area for 2005 SC Shootout? Dallas is on the list. Hope it comes here this year because that will kick me to get a car ready. Work is more under control now and feel I have time.

OK, it's settled then. Champs ENE of DFW airport (off 114, I think) on Thursday night. I think the game starts around 7:00PM, so I'll try getting there between 6 and 6:30 PM. Table for 6?

Doug Franklin said:
Howdy Calvin!!! I did not have a inside door handle cup that was not cracked or broke. Did you ever get one?

Looks like Thursday night at Champs to watch a game.

Did you vote in poll area for 2005 SC Shootout? Dallas is on the list. Hope it comes here this year because that will kick me to get a car ready. Work is more under control now and feel I have time.

Yes, I still need that door cup for the passenger side. I never could locate one that didn't have the tabs broke off.

I did vote for Dallas, so we'll see what happens. Glad to see that you NOW have motivation to fix for ride. Good Luck!

Back