How to make A Double IC ? ? ?

HHHthegame

Just wondering as to how you actually make one? I have another IC just sitting here as thought maybe it could be done fairly easy? Does anyone have any pictures of the process or a walk-through? Or is this something that you should only do if you know what your doing? I am pretty good with welding too, any ideas or thoughts? If I can't do it, anyone who can please step forward, haha. Thanks

Go To T-bird 88 For Pics

:eek: :eek: TAKES ABOUT 3-4 HOURS :cool: :cool: CUTTING, CLEANING, FITUP, WELDING, TESTING, S.S. SIDES, SANDING SOME CHOME TOUCH UP PAINT. :) :) PLENTY OF PIC,S USE SEARCH SITE. :D :D

Freddie had made lots of them. First timer - haha - have fun. It's not as easy as it looks. When you consider what Freddie charges, it's a deal. :)

I had trouble getting mine to seal between the two cores when I made one.
I cut them so that they would fit together flush and there wasn't enough aluminum on the ends to weld together on the inside. My welder tried but he just made a mess of it and burnt up some of the epoxy that holds seals the fins. So I ended up JB welding the crap out of the seam between the two cores on the ends to assure that they wouldn't leak. If I was gonna do another one, I would be real careful to cut that area straight and leave room for sealing. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward.

thanks for the good words

XR7 Dave said:
Freddie had made lots of them. First timer - haha - have fun. It's not as easy as it looks. When you consider what Freddie charges, it's a deal. :)
:) :) It makes it so much nicer, when people like your work, rather than knocking it all the time :( :( .......In fact if it wasn,t for guys like you and some others, I would not have got this far :eek: :eek: .......I have learned a lot from the posts and I share what has worked for me. :cool: :cool: ....THANKS AGAIN. :D :D :D .

Last edited:
Double Intercooler...

ThunderRoad said:
:eek: :eek: TAKES ABOUT 3-4 HOURS :cool: :cool: CUTTING, CLEANING, FITUP, WELDING, TESTING, S.S. SIDES, SANDING SOME CHOME TOUCH UP PAINT. :) :) PLENTY OF PIC,S USE SEARCH SITE. :D :D

Just curious what you charge? I been wanting to get this done.. Do I supply the intercoolers?

BTW: Do you have any pics?

di/c

JOE91SC said:
Just curious what you charge? I been wanting to get this done.. Do I supply the intercoolers?

BTW: Do you have any pics?
275.oo shipped pic,s on search site i give 50.00 for your old i/cs

Re: ...

ThunderRoad said:
275.oo shipped pic,s on search site i give 50.00 for your old i/cs

I found a few pics... I like the one on Dave Neibert's. But not sure if that's your work? I like the really clean top.. that looks like it came that way.

Any other pics I should be looking for?

JOE91SC said:
I found a few pics... I like the one on Dave Neibert's. But not sure if that's your work? I like the really clean top.. that looks like it came that way.

Any other pics I should be looking for?

Joe,

Mine was made by ESM, but I'm sure Freddie can make one that looks just as good. BTW, I don't have a Dbl now...I've got an MP FMIC which I would highly reccomend.

David

pics

here is a pic. This is 2 pics of Tim Groths car with double IC.

Attachments

• Tim Groth double IC.jpg
    Tim Groth double IC.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Tim Groth double IC 2.jpg
    Tim Groth double IC 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 148
hey freddie ive been screwed over before would you take have down and have when i get it because i learned my lession on takeing someones word forsay but i do trust certain people ok

I,m At A Loss About What You Said???????

:cool: :cool: :cool: I STAND BEHIND MY WORK :) :) AS MANY WILL BACK ME UP,, :D :D GO TO MIKE 38 CUSTOM RADIATOR HE SHOW MINE NEXT TO HIS WORK ALSO DGERMAN,S 94 FOR SALE.....AS MANY OTHERS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...I DON,T FORCE ANYONE TO BUY MINE.. :confused: :confused: :confused: I IS ASKED FOR..IN FACT IF I WASN,T OUT ON AN INJURY I WOULD BE MAKED THEM NOW...OK :) :) :)

ThunderRoad said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: I STAND BEHIND MY WORK :) :) AS MANY WILL BACK ME UP,, :D :D GO TO MIKE 38 CUSTOM RADIATOR HE SHOW MINE NEXT TO HIS WORK ALSO DGERMAN,S 94 FOR SALE.....AS MANY OTHERS :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...I DON,T FORCE ANYONE TO BUY MINE.. :confused: :confused: :confused: I IS ASKED FOR..IN FACT IF I WASN,T OUT ON AN INJURY I WOULD BE MAKED THEM NOW...OK :) :) :)

Not sure where I could find (Mike 38 Custom Rad.) Does he have an Website? I'll check Dgerman in the for sale forum.

Updated:

I couldn't find ...( MIKE 38 CUSTOM RAD. ) But I found Dgerman. ( very clean ) :)

Last edited:
Double Intercooler...

David Neibert said:
Joe,

Mine was made by ESM, but I'm sure Freddie can make one that looks just as good. BTW, I don't have a Dbl now...I've got an MP FMIC which I would highly reccomend.

David

David
What does ESM stands for? I did a few search and nothing. :confused:

BTW: Do you still have that Double intercooler ... for sale?

Joe

JOE91SC said:
David
What does ESM stands for? I did a few search and nothing. :confused:

BTW: Do you still have that Double intercooler ... for sale?

Joe

ESM = Embree Specialty Machine. Wade Embree and his wife Alica were at one time very active in the SC performance parts manufacturing business. Chris Wise, Chris Mendola and I were all using just about every product they made at one point.

In addtion to their standard product line, they also did custom work such as the heads and intake manifold they made for me, and more recently the air to liquid cooled 2.3 whipple with custom made intake manifold project that George Davenport commisioned for his SC. I don't think they have been doing any ported superchargers for more than a year now. But they may still be making pulleys.

Their exclusive sales rep is/was Paul (BTM) and he could tell you if they are still making any SC parts.

I sold the Dbl IC the same day I ordered the MP FMIC (I bought the 1st one). Over the past two years I've converted nearly all the ESM parts over to polished stuff from Magnum Powers.

David

David Neibert said:
ESM = Embree Specialty Machine. Wade Embree and his wife Alica were at one time very active in the SC performance parts manufacturing business. Chris Wise, Chris Mendola and I were all using just about every product they made at one point.

In addtion to their standard product line, they also did custom work such as the heads and intake manifold they made for me, and more recently the air to liquid cooled 2.3 whipple with custom made intake manifold project that George Davenport commisioned for his SC. I don't think they have been doing any ported superchargers for more than a year now. But they may still be making pulleys.

Their exclusive sales rep is/was Paul (BTM) and he could tell you if they are still making any SC parts.

I sold the Dbl IC the same day I ordered the MP FMIC (I bought the 1st one). Over the past two years I've converted nearly all the ESM parts over to polished stuff from Magnum Powers.

David

Thanx for the in depth detail of ESM. :) .. For a while there, I thought It's a new source for Hi-Perf SC parts.

Joe

not talking about you ive read alot of good stuff about and no bad things so i knwo your a good person but just trying to cover my butt you know but your ok with me

Back