PDA

View Full Version : new date with the track, we hope

pro street rich
10-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Well last week got the rain out blues, so we are up for this wed. nigth at the track. The place opens at 6:00 P.M. and I plan on being there ready to lay down some smack at that time.. With a bit of luck there will be some 11's handed out that night. I know I am a bit down on power with this engine/trans combo, but it should still get the job done... So for those from this part of the world, you know where to be on wed. night...."AT THE GROVE"
See you there if you can make it.........Rich

David Neibert
10-18-2004, 03:12 PM
I know I am a bit down on power with this engine/trans combo,

Rich,

What engine/trans combo would that be ?

David

pro street rich
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
David, I took all the parts I had left from the two strocker's and whatever else I had left. We put it all on a new 3.8 that was here, changed the cam and added all the other bolt on's that I had or could borrow,or steal. There is a built trans in there as well. NO spray, just one hell of a lot of bolt ons... The engine should be good, but the rest is a crap shoot....Wish me luck and maybe it is got enought to pull those 4:30 gears thru the traps... From testing it should, but lets see what the time clock has to say.........Rich

David Neibert
10-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Rich,

Good luck and let us know how it ran, good or bad.

David

pro street rich
10-20-2004, 10:41 PM
:( :( Well I just got home from the track. Not too bad for slapped together stuff. I got a 14.62 at 93.89. :eek: :eek: The track was sooooooooo bad that even the fast cars were having trouble.. When the WRX's were only kicking off high 15's to low 16's you can see there was ZERO traction... :mad:
I did get a 2.128 60 ft time, but that was all I could pull. Maybe the temp [45] was not much help either. Oh well now it will have to wait till next year to try again........so much for tring to get some more good times this year ........Rich :) :)

David Neibert
10-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Rich,

Sorry to hear it didn't run as well as you wanted it to. I had a little better luck last night and managed to lower my best ET slightly, but now have a new problem with bogging on the top end.

Not sure if it's belt slip or fuel, but I'm happy it's back to running 11s

David