grooves on the rotor after about 2 - 3 weeks?

darkstar_one

hey, i noticed that my steering wheel vibrated real hard when braking, i recently replaced my rotors and brake pads with new ones, the brake pads are carbon metallic, well the reason i replaced my rotors was because the drivers side had deep grooves on it, and now its starting to do it again... i felt the rotor and its starting to develop grooves, also the brake pedal pulses... can this be a caliper problem or just a bad rotor?

calipar

is seized by the sounds of it ...if there are not grooves ...on the inside of the rotor ...being a single piston design ...the piston can relax [for the lack of a better word ] and the pad is released on the inside side of the rotor ..the out side pad is binding up either on the track it is suspose to run along on the spindle or the calipar is binding on the sliderpins - locating pins what ever they want to call them ...and the pad is just burnt off ...if it's wearing grooves in the rotor now ..then the outer pad is wearing faster then the inner pad ...your old pads should tell the story ..if one side is worn more ..than the other ...one being down to the rivits and the other is only half wore out ...there's a problem ..if there not lasting long .... of course you did seat the brakes in ...after installing them ... before really tried to stand on them ... as for rotors could be a bad wheel hub bearing ...allowing the the rotor to push on the pad wearing it out from the extra play ..dave

Back