Racetronix EFI fuel press reg?

It looks like a nice regulator, but since it's a universal style your going to have to modify your fuel rail and remote mount the regulator to use it.

If your intent on getting an adjustable regulator (I don't think they are needed), take a look at this bolt on one from MN12 Performance. It's made by Kirban and looks very similar to the Racetronix one your looking at.

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/fuel-pump-kit.htm

David

David,
Spent some time today reading up on adj regs. Sorta concerned because I have Lucas 38 lb, but they require over 40 psi to reach optimum performance. Kept coming across information stating EEC wouldn't let adj work right, as well as the fact adj regs seem to have short lives. I guess I'm confused at the moment.

Block is being rebuilt (90 5 sp), new cam from comp (493 X 210/220), 76MM Maf, 75 Throttle Body, porting plenium to match TB, porting exhaust manifold collector to 1.9 or 2". May leave stock fuel press reg intact and opt for chip when it's together.

I had lucas 38# injectors with a C&L meter, and it ran like pooch on stock fuel pressure. With pressure set at 43 psi it was a real tire smoker. I first used a Holley regulator, then Aeromotive and had problems with both brands so I went back to stock regulator and used the chip to tweak A/F ratio.

Some cars run fine on stock pressure, but since it's such a pain to get to the regulator, it's better to change it while the fuel rail is off. I think the stock regulator and a custom chip is the way to go on your car, especially since your doing a cam upgrade.

David

Last edited:
An adjustable regulator is ok if you also do a fuel pressure gauge. An adjustable regulator is bad news without the ability to constantly monitor pressure.

The problems associated with larger injectors are more the result of innaccurate MAF signals than injector issues. I've seen aftermarket MAFs that read as many as 4 points off for AF ratio. Tuning is necessary once injectors and MAF have been changed. Some people get lucky and everything works out ok. I was one of those. However there are just too many that don't to make any general statements about aftermarket MAF/injector combos.

Back