Holy Crap, man my sunroof leaks like..........

unclenick

HELL! Man, it was pouring on the way home and a semi passed me and sent a lake of water over the bird and I got soaked. :eek: I checked the drip rails and they are dripping and open but, is there a seal that can be replaced or is there an adjustment to seal this boat from sinking? :D I wonder how stupid I would look wearing one of those umbrella hats in the SC..... :D :D :D

I got the thread for sunroof gasket

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12613

but no details on how adjust sunroof.....

Last edited:
I found out mine was leaking when I took the car to one of those automatic car washes, it poured all over me and my son. Sad thing was I forgot and did it again about 2 months later, I guess I :rolleyes: don't drive the car enough

Webasto Roof Systems, Inc. - Original Equipment

1757 Northfield Drive
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Phone: 248-997-5100
Fax: 248-997-5581
OEHotline@webasto.com

Seal was about $19.00 shipped to Tennessee. Just tell them what year car you have and you'll have a new seal in about 4 days.

mine doesn't leak when it rains, but if i go through the car wash it does, thats cause that overheat drying system they have has so much pressure it moves the sunroof just enough for some water to leak through it, so its hand washes for that car, since i do car details anyways, i should never take anything to a carwash anyways. just shows my lazyness. hehe

The factory moon roof isn't designed to be watertight. They are designed to allow some water to pass between the glass panel and the roof edge. The inner roof panel has a gutter designed to channel the water to the "A" pillars and "C" pillars drain tubes. If you are getting water pouring in on you then most likely one or more of the drain tubes are clogged.
I had this problem many years ago and found the right "A" pillar drain tube to be clogged. I had to remove the glass panel and used the air compressor to blow out the blockage.
Hope this helps some.

Bryan

Back