Towing question???

tim

Will my 1993 Crown Vic pull my S.C. on a trailer. Do I need to mod the suspension? Anybody got a free car trailer :D

I would definitely not recommend pulling a SC around with a car. Whatever trailer you use better have some amazing trailer brakes.

-Rod

A 1/2 ton pickup truck will struggle with towing an SC. A proper trailer alone will be pushing what the crown vic can haul.

I pulled one with my Durango with the #1 problem being brakes. I wouldn't even think of doing it with a car with an auto transmission. That tranny will be gone.

POWER STROKE F350 dullie please....

Tim this is the only way to pull, spend the $$$$$ and do it right. There is nothing worse than being 500 miles from home with a blown trans...I have been down that road and it is not very nice... Pass on the crown vic, and get some kind of a truck.....Good luck...........Rich

Thanks for the imput. I kind of figured it would be a no go. 3/4 ton trucks cost big money.

I was just thinking about getting into the E.T. class racing for points this comming spring. It runs every other weekend. Still thinking about making the car a real race car.

A freind of mine bought a used single axle truck from Pepsi-cola.
Put a new motor in it.He has used it for hauling his pro-stock vet.
Claims it to be the best, cheapest setup he has used.Has a two
speed rear end.He bought the Pepsi trailor to and converted it to a car hauler.
He had most of the work & money in the trailor.It looks nice and made
of aluminum.built a Tack room in the front.

I think if I went back racing and followed the national circuit again.
I would go with this type setup.If I didnt build interstate bus motor homes.
Pickup trucks don't last very long hauling a trailor for a drag bike,let alone
a car with tools, parts,ect.

Clinton,il. has a auction that sells fleats of trucks,car,ect.Any thing with wheels .

MARTINS AUCTION,
is the name of the place.There web page may have the same name.If any
one is interested I will get the web address.

Randy

Last edited:
Who had the home page pic of the 35th towing the 35th? Was that just a setup for a picture?

The Cougar has a towing rig on it, used to pull a 16 foot Bass Tracker years ago with no problem. Heard it both ways... "don't tow with a supercharger" or "it's fine to do so" from many sources so never really knew.

What's the definitive answer for our cars?

Randy I looked at a cheap single axle Volvo tractor this afternoon. 300 cat with a 9 spd. 60 in sleeper. $3000. It would pull anything anywhere.

maybe an option?

What about a tow dolly, that should take quite a bit of weight off the crown vic? I see them in the paper used for $300 and new for $700

Jake said:
What about a tow dolly, that should take quite a bit of weight off the crown vic? I see them in the paper used for $300 and new for $700

You'll still be pulling the full weight of the SC down the road. Not to mention the fact that you'll still have to be able to stop the weight of the SC and the Crown Vic with just the Crown Vic's brakes.

Trying to tow a car with another car is NOT a good idea.

-Rod

I live about 10 miles from the drag strip so its not like it has to go real far. The whole queation was based on me not being able to pass polution testing. Looks like I may get a special race car pass from the state.

Back