PDA

View Full Version : Most expensive Cat or Bird ??

Dahoopd
10-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Nosey? Maybe!......Just wondering what some of you may have tied up in to your car (SC). Most of us probably havent had the privelege of owning since birth. Whats in your animal including the cost. This might even be a scary poll to some of you, especially when you compare it to the book value.

I bought a 93 SC 5-speed for $500 and I have about $1900 init. I would say its in a little less than excellant condition but, my opinion is not someone elses. the book is around $2800 to $3000. Gettin close to the negative mark. When does the love end? Peace and chicken Grease......D

tim
10-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Not proud but more crazy. My car is brand new from the radiator cap to the rearend. I have never totaled it up but my close guess would be engine $3000, blower $500, Radiator $225, trans and converter $1200, rearend and axles $350 late model gas tank $75, exhaust with headers $750. Mics. $300. Thats probably on the low side I figure another $3000 to get it where I want it. I know Iam crazy.

Frank Bokodi
10-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Here is the defintion of craziness.

Between paying $4,000 for the car (a couple years ago it was still nice)
$1,500 for the head gasket job when they blew (didn't have a house or garage to do the job myself yet)
The oil pump went out shortly after the head gaskets (engine turned into BOAT ANCHOR)
Then I decide to make this my project. After a complete rebuild done by me. All the bolt on goodies I could afford. And $2,000 for a fresh paint job including new rocker panels.
I have totaled my insanity, and it rings in around $14,000.

PS. I Still haven't bought my Cobra R's, Tires, Illuma 2's, and Lowering Kit.
GOD HELP ME!?

Birdman93
10-22-2004, 04:39 AM
$500 for my 95 SC-$380+90 installation for my Tokico Illumina IIs-$6,800 for the bodywork to repair driver side(bought the car for $500 from the previous owner as it was)

Have projects this winter that should cost about 8-10k when finished

Come April will have a nice looking SC that will be moderately fast :D

MagpoweredSC
10-31-2004, 11:43 AM
If i start to think of all the time and money i have in my sc.... :eek:
Damn i have a lot into it but IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY... ;)

SCaddict
10-31-2004, 12:00 PM
I paid $5700 for my 90 SC 1 year ago and since then I have put about $5000 in mods and repairs. I am planning on another $10,000 in the motor including the new AR blower. The SC's around here are selling around $5000 all the time. I don't know why they are so cheap in the states.

SilverCasket
10-31-2004, 09:00 PM
I got two totally different tales to tell. ... First of which was my first SC. a mere $5k with 60k miles on the ticker for the purchase just 2 years ago. Nice & Stock. Well, 2 years later and just over 40k into the whole thing. That includes the motors, mods, trans's, paint's, etc, etc,. ... more than half of which was doing 2 or 3 different mod combo's to get what I was looking for. And now, after a new trans it will be back up to part. So soon enough it will be another $3k thrown in the trans's place.

Now, then there is my stocker. $300 for the car & $12 for the 1 lifter that got lazy. Still bone stock & a pleasure to drive. Mostly because I can start it everyday & have no worries! Thousands of miles per month & it just keeps on running. Now that is worth more to me than the first one. Although, the 1/4 mile in the first SC brings me back to why I spent it all in the first place.

Anthony

Still Crusin
03-30-2005, 01:05 PM
I've had mine since new and paid a little over 20k. However, that's when I was single and had no debt. I'd wouldn't be able to afford it now. Make more now then I did then, but am married with kids and much less "fun" money.
I think you come out much better if you can find a SC cheap and that's in half way decent shape. You can get a lot of repair and mods done for 20k I was sure happy once I got mine paid off.
Just got my car inspected recently and the shop guy was impressed it was a factory sc'd car and even complimented me on how good it looked for a 11 yr old car. Biggest expense/pain I've had with mine was getting it repainted due to crappy factory clear coat failing. Other than that it hasn't had any major problems...(yet)