PDA

View Full Version : Quick ?'s

HHHthegame
10-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Couple Quick Questions I have for you guys . . .

1) Is there any way to identify if your car has an OD pulley on it, any #'s, etc: I was told it does, but i would like to make sure about it.

2) With these mods:77mm Pro-M MAF, 70 mm BBK TB, MP Inlet Plenum, supposedly an OD pulley, but unsure about what %, SCP Raised Top, IC fan, ASP U/D Pulleys, Long-Tube Headers, Magnflow Exhaust. This new SC seems kinda slower than my old one which was stock? The Blower SCREAMS like you would'nt believe, but it just doesn't seems to move on the speedometer like the old one used to climb. Is this supposed to happen, where it feels slower, but moves faster actually? What would recommend to make it feel like it hauls, gears?

3) When we took the top IC tube off the blower, I noticed that the raised top swivels on the tube? Not normal ? ? ? Or are they supposed to do that?

Thanks for the help again, you guys rock ! ! ! ! Austin

Shockwave
10-22-2004, 05:25 AM
Couple Quick Questions I have for you guys . . .

1) Is there any way to identify if your car has an OD pulley on it, any #'s, etc: I was told it does, but i would like to make sure about it.

You could measure the diameter of the pulley and do a search. The stock pulley's have a hex head made on them to hold the pulley when removing the nut, aftermarket pulley's don't have this.

2) With these mods:77mm Pro-M MAF, 70 mm BBK TB, MP Inlet Plenum, supposedly an OD pulley, but unsure about what %, SCP Raised Top, IC fan, ASP U/D Pulleys, Long-Tube Headers, Magnflow Exhaust. This new SC seems kinda slower than my old one which was stock? The Blower SCREAMS like you would'nt believe, but it just doesn't seems to move on the speedometer like the old one used to climb. Is this supposed to happen, where it feels slower, but moves faster actually? What would recommend to make it feel like it hauls, gears?

Too small of a pulley with a stock IC may cause a loss of hp. Either upgrade the IC or go to a larger pulley to lower boost and HP loss of the blower.

3) When we took the top IC tube off the blower, I noticed that the raised top swivels on the tube? Not normal ? ? ? Or are they supposed to do that?

No this is not normal and may lead to a vacuum leak or boost loss. You need to get a spanner wrench and tighten the collar nut after you have reinstalled the top and tube.

HHHthegame
10-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Here's a shot of the pulley and the best I could do holding the tape to it :rolleyes: Is that the hex nut you spoke of?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/432000-432999/432375_40_full.jpg

HHHthegame
10-23-2004, 03:07 AM
Ok, Since I have another 93 SC in my Driveway, which is for sale by the way :) , I think I will just switch pulleys on it, and be done w/ it. Do I need to get different belts or keep the ones on the car w/ that car? Can anyone please tell me if that is a stock pulley . . . thanks again guys for answering my ?'s ! ! !

David Neibert
10-23-2004, 01:53 PM
I looks like a stock pulley and be careful trying to pull it off if you plan to re-use it, I bent mine.

David

HHHthegame
10-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Good Deal, OK so that is probably then why my car (cause of the headers, Magnaflow Exhaust :) feels kinda slow. OK, Canbthe belts just be used on the same cars again for now, and the tensioners make up the difference ? Thanks for the quick responses guys ! ! !

Shockwave
10-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Looks like stock pulley to me as well. How much boost are you getting on the gauge at 4500 rpm?

90blkbrd
10-23-2004, 06:58 PM
To measure a pulley properly you should measure from 1/2 down in the theads. Since that is next to impossible, you need to remove the belt and measure where the belt rides.

I believe these are the measurements:

1995 pulley 3.250
1990 pulley 3.135
5% 2.950
10% 2.850

XR7 Dave
10-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Those measurements are from the tops of the ribs, and yes they are correct.

HHHthegame
10-24-2004, 01:41 AM
When you initally punch it, it easily pegs the boost guage. After it shifts into next gears, it stays right @ about 11-12 Psi. And when you say measure it from 1/2 down the threads, do you mean measure the radius of it? Thanks for all the help, I just don't wanna spend more $$$ on a pulley if it already has one ya know? Also heres something to ponder, on my new 95 and 93 SC i just got, both of the panel lights on the drivers(left) side won't light up at all. The other side is awesome, but the driver side is dead. Then @ work this evening a 94 LX pulled in and the same panel was dead on that one too ? ? ? Is this side prone to burning out sooner or something, since my 95 has only 54K miles on it ? ? ? Any ideas about that ? ? ?

HHHthegame
10-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Any ideas on the Panel Lights or the Pulley anyone, please help me as I wanna get a pulley if it doesn't have one before it gets parked here soon :( . Thanks again for the help ! ! !

SCFan84
10-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Your Kidding Right... it's a BIG problem on the t-birds. They all have it. Duh... look around and see all of them with that side burnt out. Have fun finding a used one and not paying up the butt for it. Tell ya what smart guy buy a new one. :cool: