95 5 speed

mweimar

I am taking offers on my 95 5 speed SC, I thinking about the $2500 range, but feel free to offer anything that you think is appropriate. Here are the details.

For those of you that were at the Spring Speedway Spectacular in Daytona in March of 2004, mine was the pearl white 95 5 speed there.

The car has approximatly 100k miles on it. The odometer has stopped working some of the time, I usually show about 200 miles on a tank of gas versus the 275 that I used to get, so since 98k miles it has been showing possibly 2/3 of them on the odo. I have owned this car since 42k miles. I have a car fax from a year ago someplace, or I can provide the VIN later for anyone interested.

It is pearl white exterior, gray interior with full leather. It has a moonroof. I have the factory cd player (not currently installed), the factory amp for the premium sound (not JBL) is still installed, but disconnected. The factory system worked great, but I wanted to upgrade. It currently has blaupunkt speakers all around, a blau MP72 MP3/CD player, a Sony ES series 4 channel amp (50 watt/channel RMS I think), and a 1200 watt RMS mono JBL pushing a pair of 8" JL's. I can check later as far as the model on the subs and the main speakers. Everything works, interior is in very good condition overall, some light stains on the carpet (they were there when I purchased it). Leather is good.

Exterior of the car is pretty good, usual wear on the paint on the lower ground effects from road debris. I had the bumpers repainted three years ago, they did not do an incredible job, there is some (not very noticable) spiderwebbing on the bumpers. Rear bumper lettering has black stickers added, they are in good condition. Tires are Firestone SZ50's, stock size, rears are a bit thin, fronts are excellent. Wheels have some fading on the clear coat. Now for the problems, and the reason I am thinking of selling it.

I stupidly never changed the fuel filter, it clogged, leaned out at high boost, and the motor now needs a rebuild. It still runs and drives, but it blew three sparkplugs apart, and now has low compression in cylinders 2 and 3. I have numbers for the entire engine if interested. Using compressed air, with both valves closed I get air through the intake, and if I close the throttle body I get air through the crankcase from both 2 and 3.

The transmission is fine mechanically, but shifts slowly, so it needs a set of sycros. No odd noises, no popping out of gear, so I think that it is fine otherwise. Clutch and slave cylinder was replaced at 70k miles with oem Ford parts. It also has a B&M Ripper shifter installed.

I think that if you fixed the engine and the transmission your self you could be back driving for $1500-$2000 using quality (oem or better) parts.

It has new oem hoses (all of them), I put them on at 80k miles, along with a water pump. It could use new belts. Plastic tank oem radiator was new when I purchased at 42k miles, it was crap, replaced it with an oem 90 brass tank radiator at around 80k miles. Motor has magnecor wires, and will come with a brand new set of Autolite APP2544 plugs. I have a fan on the intercooler, a BHJ steel balancer, and an EEC Tuner installed, program is by Fred. 180 degree thermostat, the tuner keeps things nice and cool (main reason I purchased it).

Motor is stock, stock blower, stock pulley. Exhaust has custom downpipes, high flow cats, and magnaflow resonator. Resonator back is stock pipes and mufflers, it is not louder than stock.

I purchased this car with a rebuilt title. This is reflected in the carfax, I don't know much about what happened other than it was wrecked badly (obviously), I think the Carfax said it happened around 28k miles or so. So take this into account.

Anyhow, I have three SC's, my 90 needs a bit of work, my 89 is a project car, and I just would rather not start working (and paying) on yet another SC right now, that is why I am selling. Also, it still runs and drives fine, so test driving is not an issue. As to driving it home, I don't think I would drive it over 50 miles, but you probably could if you were not worried about further engine damage. I can email pictures upon request, and I can answer specific questions anyone might have, just shoot me an email. It may be next week before I get back this forum as I am very busy, so email is the best way to get in contact with me. The car is located in Gainesville, FL.

Mike
mike_weimar@fabco-air.com

Last edited:
Good to see you came back to the board there Mike.. sorry to hear about the SC though, through all of our get togethers mine's been the only pearl there till you showed there in Daytona.. Are you going to get another one or are you getting completely out of it??

RJ

kamakazie_1 said:
Good to see you came back to the board there Mike.. sorry to hear about the SC though, through all of our get togethers mine's been the only pearl there till you showed there in Daytona.. Are you going to get another one or are you getting completely out of it??

RJ

Well, I still have my 90, which I could be driving if I could get around to putting my extra ABS unit into, and I have my 89 that I have not had any time to work on. So I wouldn't be getting out of it completely, just out of my 95. I really have to many right now, I originally bought the 95 as a daily driver after my 90 hit around 110k miles and thing began needing replacement on a regular basis. My 95 is at 100k now, so I was thinking of picking up something with lower miles anyhow.

Nothing is certain right now, it depends what people want to offer for it. If it makes more sense to sell it, I will, if not I'll fix it and you'll probably see it at Daytona again next year. I'm trying to talk a friend of mine into bringing his 90 or 89 this year, but he is very busy so I'm not sure if he'll be in town or not then.

Mike

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Pictures? Thanks

Well, I did not get back into town until last night, and tonight looks like it might be a bit late, so it may be a day or two for current pictures. I do have a few old ones. These are from 8-2002, about a year after I had the bumpers painted. The car has not changed too much, except that the wheels were in really good condition in these pictures, and since then there has been a wheel cleaner incident that has left them somewhat oxidized. Also, you may notice a missing fog light in the one picture. It is actually there, and works, however the bracket is bent somewhat backwards (it was like that when I bought it). I should have an extra on one of my parts cars, and I can swap it in. The fog light looks worse in the picture than in person. There is only one major parking lot ding on the car that was not there when these picture were taken, it is high on the passenger side door. When I get a chance to shoot some new pictures, I will get a close up of it.

Mike

Attachments

• DSC00165.jpg
    DSC00165.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00501.jpg
    DSC00501.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC00685.jpg
    DSC00685.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 119
If you got any ideas on getting it to MN maybe we can work something out. Or at least part way here.

Where exactly is it located?

BirdofPrey97,

Mn is a bit of a drive, I am in Gainesville, FL. You'd be looking at 1600 miles at least. Even if I met you halfway, my F250 doesn't get real great mileage towing something like that, so I'd be looking at around $300 in fuel. I would not be willing to drive it up there on it's own power, for fear of engine damage. I am also not entirely comfortable selling the car to somebody who has never even seen it, I would hate for you to not like it when you finally saw it in person.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
MArk,

Does the car smoke or mak eany noises or just low in compression and loss of power?'Thanks

Damon

The driver's side looks fairly reasonable. The passenger side is as follows: #1 150 psi, #2 102 psi, #3 95 psi. Putting 35 psi compressed air on each cylinder yeiled: #1 no leaks whatsoever, no noises, #2 leakage into the intake with both valve closed, #3 same as #2. If you close the throttle body with air on #2 or #3, it pressurizes the intake and begins blowing out of the oil filler (this is with PCV disconnected), so obviously there is at least ring damage as well as head damage.

No smoke. No noise. To be honest, after my initial problem I just put it in the garage and pulled the plugs to do a compression test. I have a brand new set of plugs, but I have not put them in yet. It was driving fine around town even with three of the plugs missing the ground electrodes, but it was missing at idle and detonating badly under heavy (8-10 psi or greater) boost. It even had plenty of midrange power. My opinion is that with fresh plugs you would not be able to tell that there was even a problem for quite a while. The problem is that after a few thousand miles you would end up burning out the valve seats and possibly damaging that head. I have worked on a 94 SC that burned an exhaust valve that was exhibiting the same symptoms as mine (albeit on a lesser scale), and it took quite some time to really become manifest. We knew when it had burned due to a dampner failure that had caused it.

At any rate, if anyone is close to Gainesville, I am perfectly willing to put new plugs in and throw everything back together for a test drive. I would also be willing to run a compression test or leak it down while you were there so that you can see first hand what it is doing. I would feel fine driving the car about 500 miles, more than that I would worry about damage to the head.

Hopefully I will have time to shoot some pictures and add them tonight.

Mike

Ok, here are some current pictures. I still have the plugs out, so I could only push it out of the garage a bit. These are the exterior. I have closeups of all of the flaws that I could think of, and of the tire tread. Email me for more (I have 29 pictures all together).

Mike

Attachments

• DSC00022.JPG
    DSC00022.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00023.JPG
    DSC00023.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC00035.JPG
    DSC00035.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 72
Here are some pictures of the interior. I have a few more pictures of the carpet, the amps, etc.. You can see the only major problem with the leather, it is on the drivers seat, there are a couple of tears that had been repaired when I purchsed the car. It looks worse in the pictures than in person. The bolster is a bit worn as well.

Attachments

• DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00038.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00040.JPG
    DSC00040.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00042.JPG
    DSC00042.JPG