ABS brake light comes on

JerryRed95SC

I have a 95 SC that has the ABS light and traction assist light coming on only if the temperature outside is below 75 degrees. As soon as the car reaches 20 mph, the ABS light turns on and the traction assist is turned off. The light stays on until I shut off the engine. Next time I start it, it will do the same thing unless the outside temperature is above 75 degrees. Then the system works normally. The temperature thing has me baffled. I assume I have a faulty wheel sensor, but how do I figure out which one? Why only under 75 degrees ambient? This seems strange to me.
Anyone out there have this happen, and what is the fix?
This car has just under 5000 miles on it since it was new. The sensor thing has been acting up for several weeks.
Thanks.
Jerry

Damn, I thought I was the only one with that problem. The same thing happens in my 95 SC. I didn't think that the temp had anything to do with it? The lights seems to go on when I go over bumps, I think. I was scheduled to have Ford run a diagnostic but never got around to it. Maybe someone else can help us out on this.

Back