DRK performance: New option for heads maybe sooner then you think

WinnipegSC

DRK performance

Dan Klim from custom crankshaft here in Winnipeg has seen the supercoupe community he LOVES our cars .. as a good friend of mine he has agreed to PnP my heads .. after looking at the heads and also researching Stieg heads. He belives he should be able to put up numbers close to, or maybe even above those of stieg ..

So right now he is looking for any Stock SC heads to practice as best he can to make this a reality. hes well known as one of the GREATEST Head workers in Winnipeg.. maybe canada(lol or so he wishes) .. He said he would be willing to start making perfomance heads for our cause and also maybe even some other small performance goodies for our cars...

His price is undecided but he said forsure LESS then stieg heads EVEN if his flow numbers are higher. hes hardcore and a man of his word.. so he will do his best so if anyone has old stock heads lying around (even cracked heads or seriously warped heads.. as long as its got some portable ports on it :p..

PM with the price you will let your heads go for, the more heads we can get the better he can get..and if i get some heads expect some flow numbers soon enough.

Last edited:
I'm sure after you get flow numbers and a price you'll see some interest. I will be in the market for heads and would like more info when you get it.

WinnipegSC said:
no intrest ina cheep alternative to stieg heads that would give simmiler gains

Check your PM's. I'm in, let me know what you need. I could even be a US dealer if you can "get-er-done." LOL

WinnipegSC said:
BUMP people need to see this
I have an extra set of heads. But I really don't want to sell them, maybe on loan, then maybe we could work something out on the work done.

well the thing is te first maybe 2 sets will probably be failures thast why im not asking for perfect heads dave migt be pitching in the first test set and if he can will provide dyno results.. so mine and hsi wilbe the first two good sets.. but i need at least one more pair of heads for cheep because they may fail and become paper weights.. but if u do donate and the set comes out good then wed have no problem shipping them back but the first couple are test heads with no flow or power garuantees

If it's just for flow testing you can likely even take cracked or damaged heads, as long as they'll flow air.

I'd throw a message in the Wanted To Buy section if you haven't already. You might want to ask around over at the thunderbird underground as well. (you can find it via google)

But they need to be SUPERCOUPE heads .. and i cant think of a better source then here.. willing to pay for heads if they are decent (dont have to be perfect atall)

I need a really good set of heads. $2000 is out of my price range. Keep me posted. Keep in mind Coy Miller Heads are no joke . 10.85

I"ll have to get them, but I have a set of heads, one has part of the bowl blown out for a HG failure, but otherwise they're alright....I'll let them go cheap, but I"m in alabama, so I dont' know what shipping will be

i have a set set of heads that need to be redone (need to be cleaned tested..etc..have about 110k on them ) but should be fine, they came off of a block that broke the piston and rod went threw the oil pan, the heads look fine, if u want to use them for trial ok :) and if there sucessfull you'll send them back ? thats good... :) that sounds like a deal, i understand they might get junked, but i hope not :) if u wana pay for shipping i'll send them, there down stairs now in my basement. my brother just got another used short block and gave me the heads, so let me know ..Alex L

just waiting for the machinist to purchase more home equipment as to not have to charge for work hours .. once thats ready ill be picking up all the heads i can the mroe teh merrier

new info for people who donate a set of heads if they come out good it will be at a cost of 800$ canadian(fo new valves , springs, resurfacing, the basc stuff)

thats only if you want them back DONE they can be shiped back ported only n such but thats all the info i got right now

well my guy jsut astartedmhis new job so now hes got some decent cash flow so once he gets some equipment and i get sme decent paychecks from work(someones gotta fund this_ then it should start

Back