SC Shootout 2005

XR7 Dave

Hey guys, we are looking at possible locations for the SC Shootout. How far would you guys go to attend. Wisconson is being considered for next year. What is your response?

XR7 Dave said:
Hey guys, we are looking at possible locations for the SC Shootout. How far would you guys go to attend. Wisconson is being considered for next year. What is your response?
I'd be there!!!! :D

Wisconsin would be great for me too, im from minnesota, and the last trip was a lil too far for me...so if its in wisconsin i will be there for sure.

I'll say that I will make every effort to attend. The nature of my job may not allow it, so I can't say that I will be there at this point. Wisconson would be good as it is not a terrible distance from (Nebraska).

No tracks in MN of enough size other than Brainerd. Hopefully in a few years Minnesota Dragways will be able to see their dream come true of a new track in Southern Minnesota.

http://www.minnesotadragways.com/

To be honest... I'm likely to find a way to get to it in 2005 regardless of where the event is held. It just sounds like way too much fun to stay away another year.

XR7 Dave said:

Dave,
Any more info on the Wisc site for 2005????? At last count I counted 14 in our area (Eastern Iowa) that have already said YES. We had 16 MN12's at our last Club Clash so it would be safe to assume that most everyone would be able to make it!!!!!! Not counting the ones that chimed in here ..... that would make about 25 so far!!!!

forcfed93 said:
Dave,
Any more info on the Wisc site for 2005????? At last count I counted 14 in our area (Eastern Iowa) that have already said YES. We had 16 MN12's at our last Club Clash so it would be safe to assume that most everyone would be able to make it!!!!!! Not counting the ones that chimed in here ..... that would make about 25 so far!!!!
Rich has been skimpy with the details of the tracks in the area. Best bet moneywise is looking like Great Lakes Dragway but some people complain about it being an old and slippery track. We need not only good attendance but also some low 12 second and 11 second contenders to make it a real shootout. Give us some high profile names that would show and that makes a difference too. :)

It is an old track but it has everhthing you need. Slippery? Lot of really fast run there. The way things seem to be going I can tell you one 12 second car will be there :D I plan on picking up a second this year. As far as what everybody else is going to do that remains to be seen. The way its going a 12 second S.C. is not that big a deal anymore. You car always step up with an AR there Sparky!!

new to the club

just joined the club, but am looking forward to meeting others. I live just north of the twin cities. Anywhere within a couple hundred miles, and I'll be there.

jnpmismash said:
just joined the club, but am looking forward to meeting others. I live just north of the twin cities. Anywhere within a couple hundred miles, and I'll be there.

Not sure if you know about it or not, but check out the UpperMidwest Thundercats. If you don't know many local guys, there's your hook up. I'm pretty sure there's a few from the twin cities.

-Andy "Melon"

Back