92 vs SRT-4

92silverlx

theres a couple of these things runn'n around my town along with the evo 8's and STI's. Anywho thursday nights are cruise nights around here and i'm usually out with acouple other MN12 owners check'n out the street scene and ladies :D , which isn't that bad around here alot of american muscle runn'n around lots of F-bodies some nice cobras one in particular runn'n a 2.2 blowzilla and a solid rearend a couple Z06's cammed out and a sonic blue SRT-4 not a bad lookin little car but i wasn't expecting this thing to run like it did, the owner has done a couple things to it but there so damn secretive about there cars that u never know wut the hell they got under the hood, apparently hes got a stage 2 something from mopar, full exhaust, and an NO2 fogger and i'm sure some other stuff aswell. Well at the end of the night we decided to line em up for $h!t'$ and giggles, i had him really good off the line by about a good car and a half maybe more but as soon as he started to make boost he caught me at around 60mph and pulled me pretty damn hard, he shut down about a half car ahead of me at around 80mph, atleast i smoked him off the line but i gotta give him props cause that thing is freakin fast....o-yeah we did it from a 40-50mph roll too and i'm not even gonna talk about that. Looks like i got some shopping to do.

If you car only runs 14's like the time listed in your sig....then go check out the times that Stage 2 SRT-4's (www.srtforums.com/forums) are putting down and then tell me that you still think that car was a stage 2. ;) For what it's worth, I've seen a handful of posts on the SRT forum with people running stage 2 packages and doing high 12's-low 13's from what I can recall.

there was a modded srt 4 at the track a couple of months ago and his best run was like a 15.5 because every time he'd go to shift, his shift knob would come off... so anything's possible :eek:

supercharged95 said:
there was a modded srt 4 at the track a couple of months ago and his best run was like a 15.5 because every time he'd go to shift, his shift knob would come off... so anything's possible :eek:

Yea thats a common problem on SRT-4's..

So they are showing their Neon side already, huh? I agree that they are fast, but typical Dodge fit and finish means within 3 years they'll be falling apart.

i have no doubt that this particular SRT would be able to run a high 12 in the quarter, being 85+ degree temps out at night and high humidity really makes my car feel sluggish and i'm sure he's losing some performance #'s too due to the outside temps around here, however i'm sure his N02 fogger helps ALOT one thing i did notice is that they have nothing off the line, i doubt with the addition of drag radials it would have helped him any he would have to tach high and he'd probably have excessive tire spin or bog like a mofo and if he was able to launch hard and take me off the line his transaxle would not like it very much, i am very impressed with these little cars and the turbo on this particular SRT just whistles like crazy i gotta give props where props are due and that thing is damn fast, i can't wait to see Franks turbo SC and he better shoot some vid of that thing haulin a$$

Actually they have power off the line, it's just the spinning :D Stockers can even run high 13s, so if he what you said, he should be more like mid/low 12s with the juice. Yes the shift knob isan issue and the only issue I have eard of. Don't knck their quality I have owned enough Ford's to tel you they set NO quality records, ESPECIALLY my T-Birds. And yes, i drive a Ford, 97 CVPI, just need to update my sig :D

Brian

Those SRT4 motors were designed very well.. But im not too crazy about the fact of having power windows up front and roll ups out back.. Oh well gotta cut corners somewhere to keep the costs down.. The awesome thing is that now you can now buy a Stage 3r kit direct from the factory with a warranty now.. 500whp factory Neon anyone? And those cars actually hook pretty well off the line.. Their problem is that they are plagued with guess what.. Wheel hop.. LoL

Last week my friend ran 13.30's @ 105 mph with 1.9 60 ft times. Maybe the guy you raced spun and/or maybe he underestimated you.

my buddy has an SRT-4, his best was a 13.9, it's stock. I ran into a guy at the track a few weeks ago (in western NY), he had a MOPAR stage 2 and he went 13.5. he was also a very large guy, so that would have slowed him down some too. He was cool though, never got to line up against my buddy's lightening, that would have been a good run as we couldn't hook up to save our lives, but manages a 13.4.

re

LOL SRT 4s are gay, especially when i see 40 year old guys in them... they look like they think they have the most amazing piece of machinery in the world.. or a V12 mid engine exotic. yeah they can run somewhat quick with light aftermarket, but Im sick of these damn sport compact packages being in "stages" build your own damn turbo setup with a T3 from a turbocoupe like these guys www.toohighpsi.com As Im sure its been said 100000 times it's still a neon and its built cheap.. its kind of humorous that they go fast because its a goofy *** car. Theres nothing more beautiful than a muscle car running in the single digits giving the "front wheels in the air" salute.. 15s are quick for sport compact people lol sub 12s are OK for my liking :) attention right wheel drive owners: please take your supercoupe and continue to ram your thunderbirds brawny body, up these tight little neon asses.. Thank you

1988 T bird LX 5.0 originally( no more project, maybe if i can afford it) :( damn college
514 stroker twin To3 turbo project
est. 900+ hp
4 inch fiberglass cowl hood
turbocoupe front end lots of body work..
anyone want a rolling Fox car ?? lol

1994 XR7 N/A 3.8 to SC 3.8 Beater project so I can hit signs a little faster

Thunder427 said:
LOL SRT 4s are gay, especially when i see 40 year old guys in them... they look like they think they have the most amazing piece of machinery in the world.. or a V12 mid engine exotic. yeah they can run somewhat quick with light aftermarket, but Im sick of these damn sport compact packages being in "stages" build your own damn turbo setup with a T3 from a turbocoupe like these guys www.toohighpsi.com As Im sure its been said 100000 times it's still a neon and its built cheap.. its kind of humorous that they go fast because its a goofy *** car. Theres nothing more beautiful than a muscle car running in the single digits giving the "front wheels in the air" salute.. 15s are quick for sport compact people lol sub 12s are OK for my liking :) attention right wheel drive owners: please take your supercoupe and continue to ram your thunderbirds brawny body, up these tight little neon asses.. Thank you

1988 T bird LX 5.0 originally( no more project, maybe if i can afford it) :( damn college
514 stroker twin To3 turbo project
est. 900+ hp
4 inch fiberglass cowl hood
turbocoupe front end lots of body work..
anyone want a rolling Fox car ?? lol

1994 XR7 N/A 3.8 to SC 3.8 Beater project so I can hit signs a little faster

Actually that's one of the main priorities with my car. I need to beat SRT-4's. Those cocky bastards flamed me every time i posted over there.

Geez, your comments are MUCH more gay than an SRT-4. I have a couple friends with those little cars, they are awesome, from their viper-bases seats, to the tight handling, to the awesome power. They are not made as cheap as you are letting on, hell, they are at least on par, if not MUCH better qualitywise than an MN12 bird, especially the 89-93s with their super dooper plastic interior :D

Stewie said:
Geez, your comments are MUCH more gay than an SRT-4. I have a couple friends with those little cars, they are awesome, from their viper-bases seats, to the tight handling, to the awesome power. They are not made as cheap as you are letting on, hell, they are at least on par, if not MUCH better qualitywise than an MN12 bird, especially the 89-93s with their super dooper plastic interior :D

Well there ARE female body builders. That doesn't mean that girls are stronger than guys in general.

Seriously, i've asked for calm discussions over on that forum countless times and they just joke me and my friend's cars.

I am curious, which forum, and I responding more to thunder427. Just because a certain car isn't your taste, does mean it's gay. hell, i have NOTHING but mad respect forANY car that runs 13s and comes in under 21k!!!

Ok I wasn't going to say much but I too have to put in my 2 cents worth about the srt 4s. While in my humble opinion they are not the best cars around they sure are quick little buggers!!! I have one on the vard that races out there and hes got the stage 2 mopar set up and that thing just gets up and goes I tried for hours last week to catch a light with this guy and kept missing it one after another. Last week I followed him watching him go head to head with a newer model VW Passat with the 1.8 turbo. Now normally I would think the SRT4 would just plain wipe the floor with the VW, but the mods this darn VW had were highly impressive bigger turbo running 18PSI full 3 in magnaflow exhaust, chip and a bunch of crap from neuspeed that i can't even remember. But those two were pretty evenly matched. But yesterday I got to race the same VW that was out last week and from a light I took him by over a 1/2 car length before i got out of first. So i figure i havce a great shot against that mopar.

i did notice you have a LOT of mods, not surprising you could give an SRT-4 a run with what you have, especially if you are beating LS1s

I got smoked by an SRT-4 last year at Maple Grove....he had very minor mods and ran 13.7 I had just intake and exhaust and ran 15.0x. Needless to say, I'm buying an SRT-4 in febuary.

Srt4

I have to admit, I rode in an SRT-4 about 3 weeks ago in Bahrain and that little sucker can move. It definitely has the power to push that little car along. Add to that a nice interior and a very nice sound system and you have what most racers want. Speed, Sound and a halfway decent price.

1971 Chevelle Malibu
1973 Dodge Charger
1989 Ford Thunderbird SC
1998 Volvo S70 GLT
2002 Honda VTX

when my buddy had his we raced from a roll but at like 35 so my car dropped to first, and i pulled on him pretty good but then again i gotta alot of stuff done to the old sc here , but he also had a 3" downpipe, blow off valve, cold air, waste gate actuator. At the track he ran a 14.6 @ 101 2.3 60ft' (spun bad out of hole) so i know his car had nuts, but he sold it and got a crossfire :confused: . My car ran 13.7@97 , 1.87 60 ft' but tranny was dropping into OD at 3500-3800 rpm when it was in 3rd , this explains mph.(My first time to the track w/my new tranny and i didnt manually shift it so it would hold third=Transgo shift kit.) I talked to the guy i bought the tranny from and he said by manually shifting it i'll drop .4 to .5 sec, so that was the last time to the track, since then i have added a fmic and plan on doin some other stuff and manually shifting it so im hoping for 12's next time down to the track.

Mark

Back