installing electric boost/vac guage

CMac89

How do you install one of these. Autometer shows directions on how to install it using a MAP sensor, but we have a BAP.

Here's the link:
Installation

thanks
Casey

Very Easy :), i have one, u must of spent alot of $$ my ultralite autometer pro comp was 190.00, but anyways, u just run it inline with a t-fitting from the plenum, or if ur getting rid of the stock gauge, like i did, just remove that air line from the plenum, the one towards the farthest to your right, if facing the front of your engine, u get a map sensor, and u connect a hose running it inline and it has a wiring harness, with a connector that plugs in, and then on the other end u have another connector that goes to your gauge, with 2 loose wires (black) for ground (red) positive, and its as easy as that :) any other questions, let me know.. i just got a replacement for mine mine was sticking at 10 on the VAC side. i could take a pic of my setup now upclose but i dont have the stock VAC line there i eliminated it ... Alex L

Last edited:
here i just drew something up in MS paint quick incase it sounded a little complicated, but visual is always easier :) good luck, again any questions ask me i'll be more than happy to help. Alex L

** just updated the pic i forgot to label the t-fitting
** updated again had a spelling error :)

Last edited:
thanks alot for the input guys. Man that is easy. There is also a white wire that i guess is for lights, can you hook that wire up to the head light fuse?

Does this mean that autometer gives you a map sensor with it?

Also, how accurate would it be to use an Air/Fuel gauge if you use a replacement wideband oxygen sensor?

I got a Cobalt gauge, these guages are cool but they are expensive?
I am going to get the fuel pressure gauge too, but theres $400 in gauges :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Autometer does give u a map sensor, the only other 2 wires i can think of is the black and white for the power of the light bulb ? is this what your talking about ? i dunno about using a wideband o2 with the a/f gauges, but alot of people said not to use the a/f gauges, i'm going to get one of those wideband o2 kits with data logging.i have currently 2 one per side O2. Alex L

i overlooked your installation pdf from autometer, thats odd i dont believe i have a white wire, but yeah if u want to adjust the light with your stock gauges hook it up to the dimmer switch, or u can hook it up to a power that turns on so when your car is on it will just light up, all of mine were hooked up like that, i turn the car on they all go on and the lights also, easiest way to do it. Alex L

Yes that is the wire i am talking about. You only get a white wire with electrical gauges. If its a mechanical gauge the red wire is the light.

One other thing; Isnt the t-fitting supposed to be hooked up from the line on the return plenum? On your diagram it says Inlet Plenum.

The A/F gauges arent accurate through using the stock O2 sensor, but if you got a wideband O2 sensor i think it would be okay since it is only concentrated on the gauge and not other things.
thanks

Last edited:
i have an electrical gauge from autometer and i'm almost positive i dont have a white wire i will double check and take a pic tomorrow.

i guess its the return plenum your right :eek: my fault i'll edit the pic again and update it.

** pic updated

In the installation procedure i posted it shows there is a white (for lighting), red (for power up on readings from map sensor), and of course a black for ground.

Maybe they just came out with the white wire, i dont know. :)
thanks

heres 2 pics, and i have one white wire for the light for the bulb thats it, not in the harness, and here is a pic of the map sensor, mine isnt hooked up right now , i just ripped alot of my top of the engine apart the SC tubes, intercooler, throttle body, front right engine assembley bracket. Alex L

Okay, thanks for the pics and all of the input. I think i have a pretty good idea on how to install the gauge now. thanks :D

Back