fastest you have gone

just over 200 km/h :S not fast at all but not slow either i guess :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 0633.JPG
    Picture 0633.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 126
titanium89scguy said:
so guys come on and admit whats the fastest youve gone in your sc :rolleyes:

About 4300 rpm in 5th :D . By rough calcs. that should be better than 150 mph. Best part, it felt like it could have gone faster.

I hit my rev limiter when i was on I-57 and a Sentra SE-R wanted to race.....needless to say he didn't win that one

157 in Germany

Bought my XR-7 ('89 5-spd) new & shipped it to Germany. 6 yrs. later & a few mods, it went 157 mph. I used to have an rpm chart for every single mph in 5th. gear. The car was good for 146 off the showroom floor.

68COUGAR

220km/h. Pretty quick since my speedo only goes up to 240! I was chasing a Prelude on Hwy 5 who thought he was cool passing me and a few other SCCoWC members. Needless to day I didn't have to wait long til I caught him and then passed him! :cool: But at about 1200m, the Bird just didn't quite have the acceleration I'm used to at sealevel. Ah well...

titanium89scguy said:
i redlined each gear on my 89 its was prolly at 5000 rpms even in 5th gear however fast that is

What tire size and gear ratio are you running?

Well, with stock size tires and 3.27 gears it would be about 160mph, saying that you have a 5 speed.

With 2.73's it would be around 190mph.

Burried The Needle

94 SC 5-speed/Stock motor/wheels/gears/only a cold air intake and 10 miles of straight road. Burried the Needle for about 5 miles, going too fast to watch the tach. Figured it's about 150 something...oh yeah the sunroof was open.

leeklimala said:
94 SC 5-speed/Stock motor/wheels/gears/only a cold air intake and 10 miles of straight road. Burried the Needle for about 5 miles, going too fast to watch the tach. Figured it's about 150 something...oh yeah the sunroof was open.

around 144 145 in my LX

Man.. I feel like the wuss of the group - I've only gone about 125 mph. Although, most of the roads around here - I wouldn't want to do much faster than about 95. They are either too curvy, have too many deer, or too much traffic. Someday I'll bury the speedometer.. just not today :D

-Andy "Melon"

about 137mph according to my friend in his mustang next to me testing my top speed being i got a 120mph dash 3.08 rear end in my 89 auto, about 4500rpm in 3rd it was around there somewhere. i think it coulda got up to 145mph :)

Not quite sure how fast it was, but I was in 5th giving it everything it had chasing after 3 crotch rockets racing, passed one and caught the other two.

NICK

Back