Heater core in 92 ranger!!

FordPOWER INC

ok got into my moms ranger cuz she said it smelled bad

well wouldn't u know and it smells like coolant, DAMM something is either gonna be A) time consuming B) Expensive

could it be a heater core? could it be a leaking line? How do i tell. If u guys could help i'd be very appreciative, and if anyone knows any ranger forums i'd like that too

its a 92 ranger with a 3.0 WITH AC, i work at a Mr Lube (canadian jiffy lube) and was telling my mom she needs a rad flush, but she didn't get around to it, i was kicking myself for not just paying for it myself.

thanks alot guys

this ford will be kicking soon with your help (and my wallet)

:(:(:(:(

Ray
Ray_blome@hotmail.com

ranger heater core

If it is anything like most of the rangers I have worked on all you have to do is remove the 2 clamps on the heater hoses under the hood (after draining the system properly) and remove the glove box. There are 2-8 screws that hold on a panel over the heater core. Very easy and quick. Less than an hour.

i hope its that easy, the main prob is the fact that it has AC, the plumbing alone is gonna make a diff right???

hopefully not

thanks

Ray

Mine was a PITA! But I was taking out the whole thing - vents and all. I had to take out the dash to get it out which was a pain, but I was taking it out anyway. I guess it might be easier to get at the core w/ a stock engine in there, but w/ a sc engine there was no room to work and I had the break the already hacked heater box to get it out. Steve:D

92 ranger heater core

I checked the manual for the rangers and it said to do it just as I wrote earlier so you should be able to do it in an hour or so. Have a good one.

Back