Mustang Long tube headers...will they fit?

fastsc92

Looking on ebay for some 3.8 stang headers to buy that i'd was planning on modifying to fit my 92 SC. I ran across these long tube style headers that i didn;t think they made for the 3.8's. Do you guys think they would fit ok? I know they will need some cutting and bending and such, which i was planning on with the stang shorties. I dont want to get over my head with modifying these however. What do you think?

5b_1_b.JPG

c0_1.JPG

interesting...i might just give them a try...i have a mandrel pipe bender....a mig, tig, stick welder...and the low budget to try something like this without dishing out 700 for some kooks.

Since you have all the needed tools why not build your own headers? That way you know they fit and besides that if you have to chop existing headers up and redo them your not much further away from completely building them yourself. While you're at it you can also avoid other crappy things about prebuilt headers like wrong lenght of primary tubes and the absolutely horrible collectors that are put on prebuilts. :)

90% of the reason is that i'm limited by time since i only have a month off of college, and in that month is a custom front mount with aluminum tubing, and another exhaust. If i get the stang headers...the pass side will bolt up no problem, and i'll only have to build/modify one rather than both sides. Also, I'll have all the flanges and collectors welded up. I'm just throwing this out for some thought on the subject. I'm def up for the challenge, plus i found a set for only $100. I was thinking of maybe running the steering shaft through the primaries. I've seen it done on some muscle cars, but not sure if its a good idea on the SC. Either way, it looks like i'm going to cut up that header really good, and I'd rather cut up a $100 header, rather than a new one. When i do make them...I'll def. make a jig and most likely offer the serivce to others.

Back