Cluster/Speedo unit stop working? I can fix it for $50.

hellakornhaus

Just as the title says. If your cluster/speedo (odometer/tripometer) has stopped, or is about to, I can fix it for you. At the same time, I can roll your mileage back (at your own risk-legally) to whatever you want. The replacement gears I have, will come guaranteed to work!

If you take your cluster to a Speedometer shop/rebuilder, you will be charged double or even triple what I am charging. I have received two quotes from different shops, and neither of the quotes were under $125.00 (not including shipping).

If you are interested, or if you know of anyone that needs their cluster fixed, please send an E-mail to me: hellakornhaus@yahoo.com. You can also E-mail me if you have any questions.

I have one speedo unit ready to ship out, and will have several more as time progresses.

-Kornhaus

Last edited:
At the same time, I can roll your mileage back (at your own risk-legally) to whatever you want. The replacement gears I have, will come guaranteed to work!
You mentioned rolling the mileage back, can rolling the mileage forward be done as well?

Jeff B.

Jeff Bratton said:
You mentioned rolling the mileage back, can rolling the mileage forward be done as well?

Jeff B.

Yes, rolling the mileage forward is also possible. I don't see why not! I will attempt to roll one forward tonight. I will keep you posted!

-Kornhaus

Are there differences in the speedo's regarding 120mph vs 140mph units? I ask simply because you mentioned gears.

Then that begs the next question, can you convert one from 120 to 140, or is that in the electronics, not the mechanics?

Mike8675309 said:
Are there differences in the speedo's regarding 120mph vs 140mph units? I ask simply because you mentioned gears.

Then that begs the next question, can you convert one from 120 to 140, or is that in the electronics, not the mechanics?

As far as I understand, there aren't any "electrical" differences between the 120 and the 140. Just a different speedo.

I would need a 140 speedo to test the differences. If I had one, I could fix it, install it in my car, test it, and go from their. I would think that the 140 unit would have a different brain (for a lack of a better word) on it. If one were to take a cluster apart, it will have a little brain that controls the needle. On a 120 speedo, that brain will only allow the needle to go so far. If you push it to far, with your finger, it will not rest on "0 mph". It will rest on 10-20 mph... the further clockwise (past 120 mph) you push it, the more off it gets. So I would think that since 140 is faster than 120 (DUH), the 120 needle/brain wouldn't work with a 140 unit. Again, I would have to test it to determine a "true/false" answer!

Correct me if I am wrong anyone!

-Kornhaus

???

No one need their cluster fixed? I would like for this thread to be a sticky thread... so everyone knows that I am able to fix clusters. But I don't know if that will happen.

-Kornhaus

hellakornhaus said:
No one need their cluster fixed? I would like for this thread to be a sticky thread... so everyone knows that I am able to fix clusters. But I don't know if that will happen.

-Kornhaus

Hey kornhaus-
I do, and i'll get ahold of you once my car is in the garage for the winter and i have time to yank my cluster.

can you calibrate gauges exactly? like a set that has had the needles popped off for white faces? I have a spare set that the speedo and tach are slightly off.

NMxr7SC said:
can you calibrate gauges exactly? like a set that has had the needles popped off for white faces? I have a spare set that the speedo and tach are slightly off.
The Tach should fall into place perfectly. However, the MPH needle doesn't. I can not calibrate it PERFECTLY (because what is perfect anyway), but I can get pretty dang close!

-Kornhaus

Looking for a 140 Speedometer for my son's 96? Anybody know where or how much? He's on a budget, just got the car six month ago. Speedometer works but stick sometime.
Thanks in advance.

Back