price question for 89-91 sc t-bird

Jarco98

whats a good price for a strong running 89-91 sc t-bird that has pretty good interior, and 5 speed, power everything??????

also i was wondering some stock times like 0-60, 70-0, and 1/4 of these stock?

as how able are these to be modified for higher performance?

Jarco98 said:
whats a good price for a strong running 89-91 sc t-bird that has pretty good interior, and 5 speed, power everything??????

also i was wondering some stock times like 0-60, 70-0, and 1/4 of these stock?

as how able are these to be modified for higher performance?

The price depends alot on how many miles are on it. 0-60 is like 7.1-7.3sec. Not sure about 70-0. 1/4 miles is anywhere from 15.2s to mid to high 15s depending on driver and tranny.

Shane

blue94sc said:
I would start here.

http://www.kbb.com/

From there you can get a good idea of what the cars value is and make an offer your comfortable with.

after looking at that the highest price i could get on a 1990 sc t-bird was $2,200 thats with power everything, am/fm and CD for good measure, leather, dual power seats, 5 spd, with 30k miles. This sound right to you?

Theres a 1990 around me i might be considering, but at the time he's asking $2,600 and while i haven't seen it or called about it yet (in paper) i felt that was maybe a lil high, but maybe theres work done to it with low mileage.

Jarco98 said:
after looking at that the highest price i could get on a 1990 sc t-bird was $2,200 thats with power everything, am/fm and CD for good measure, leather, dual power seats, 5 spd, with 30k miles. This sound right to you?

Theres a 1990 around me i might be considering, but at the time he's asking $2,600 and while i haven't seen it or called about it yet (in paper) i felt that was maybe a lil high, but maybe theres work done to it with low mileage.

A 1990 SC with 30K miles on it would go for much more than $2,200.

Shane

If the car in as good as shape as the 30K miles implies it should be, it's worth $2600. Especially if it is the original owner and /or they have all documentation. I would get the VIN and pull a CarFax on it to look for any red flags.

And then I'd buy it before someone else locates it and scoops it up. Around my area, a car like that would be sold about 1 hour after the add hit the paper.

ok sounds good thanks for the help. I plan on calling him tonight, see what the cars like. I'll prolly post what all he has to say to see what you guys think after that.

alright i just got done talkin to the guy selling the car:

he says the odometer reads 145,000 miles, but he said just before he bought it the tranny (5 speed) was rebuilt and probably has under a 1000 on the rebuild, he said that the head garket blown on him, so he said he went through it and check through the engine and replaced all the gaskets with new, engine has no leaking problems, he said the brakes work just as they're supposed to

the car has no dents/ major scratches/ rust on the body, and the paint is in real good condition. The exterior is red and the interior is black cloth. it has factory tires, and exhaust both in real good condition.

Option: B&M short shifter, firm ride option, cruise control, power windows, power dual seats (said drivers side not working right now), power mirrors, Am/FM CD player, tinted windows, fog lamps, A/C

The guys asking $2,600, after talkin to him sounds to me it aint a bad deal, cause the work thats been done, but still would like your input

I'm thinking that's high for the mileage. There is value to what has been done, but I'd want to see receipts. Personally I'd have trouble offering $2600 for that year and miles unless I knew a lot more about the car.

Check the for sale board here and see what other cars are going for before you decide. Only $400 away from $3000 which opens up options.

From KBB using my zip code:
Engine: V6 3.8L Supercharged
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 145,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Single Compact Disc
ABS (4-Wheel)
Dual Power Seats
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $1,750
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party.
The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty).
The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions.
This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

well after doing that, i found this in the for sale board:

" 1992 5 speed in Dayton Ohio.

List of peformance parts

Ported Blower & intake $400
BHJ balancer $350
C&L MAF 75 mm $180
Custom raised top $300
B&M ripper shifter $170
Flowmaster exhaust 40 series mufflers $390
327 gears $180
air bags $80
poly Dif bushings $40
underdrive pulleys $179
5% overdrive pulley $50
3 layer head gaskets $80
ported heads and intake $1000
Magnum powers intake $179
Spec clutch

Titanium silver with maroon leather car runs awsome and is fast new brakes
fresh heads need to sell to make room in our driveway for her new car.

Now $3000"

dont know if its still for sale

then theres the original one i was talking about, what do you guys think?

i also found:

Great 89 sc. Has many new parts. New motor with low miles, all trans and motor mounts, starter, dis, plugs, wires, o2 sensors, fuel pump. Car runs great and needs a new home. I need the cash for college. Please call at 330-461-2254. Ask for Chris. I need to get $2100.

all three of these are close to me

Jarco......!

Welcome to SC world, but a word of warning, you SHOULD be mechanically inclined, as these cars CAN be a handful at times, if you like fast, comfortable cars, this is the car for you. My impression is these are the next 1957 Thunderbird. Not the LX, the SC's!!! anything else the members and forums in this tome are all you need, like a wise man once said, don't jump on the first deal, more WILL come along, Within the last year I bought a '90 5spd, for $1500, clean car, high mileage, did my own head gaskets, motor mounts, header, etc. Not so bad once you learn to tag everything you take off, the other is a pristine '92, with 81k, Black/Black leather, auto, $1500. New motor, there out there you just have to keep your eye's open, and good hunting and cheers and beers, W.L. P.S. read everything in this club you can before you purchase and you'll be WAY ahead in the game.

i am able to work on my own cars, thats not what im worried about, but those three are the only cars i've really found close to me with the 5 speed, so i'm trying to weigh my options that i don;t have to travel a day for

Back