SpeedFreak Exhaust System

ThunderCoupe94

I dont currently have Engine mods done to my car, but I am changin my exhaust to get ready for them. What do you guys think the benifit or loss would be of this system & do you think its going to benifit my 94 SC? Here is the link

http://www.speedfreak.cc/products/texhaust/

The system is a True Dual 2.5" & I would get it with High Flow Cats Installed.

Any info is appriciated.

Jay

It will work but it wont be a bolt in..Might hav eto be modded at the manifold area...I seen his work..I almost bought a kit from him..Very sweet indeed

Unsure though how it would sound with an xpipe

well

i had kooks mid lengths, coupled to true dual 2.5 with h pipe and dynomax ultraflows-no resonator or cats-sounded nice at low rpms, was a little droney at higher rpms, but never met a car alarm i couldnt set of at 2500rpms-id get a custom setup made-if you decide to do away with the resonator get mufflers with HUGE chambers-itll help cut down on resonance (typically the job of the resonator) good luck

Not "Trure Duals"

The exhaust system is NOT "True Duals" as you claim. An X-pipe is clearly shown. The X-pipe accomplishes the same thing as a 2-1-2 exhaust, just not as efficiently.

Why do you think that "True Duals" are better than a properly sized 2-1-2 exhaust? I'd like to hear your theory!

68COUGAR

The X-pipe accomplishes the same thing as a 2-1-2 exhaust, just not as efficiently.

ID LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THE HELL AY GOT THAT THEORY FROM!

an X pipe simply allows engine burps to be presuremodulated through the exuast keeping even scavingings and a more single sounded (not lumpy) exaust tone.. ..

"Appropriate Sized Pipe"

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
ID LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THE HELL AY GOT THAT THEORY FROM!
The X-pipe gives each exhaust pulse two routes to take, 1/2 of the pressure wave going each direction.

The H-pipe tries to accomplish this, but is less effective, because of the length of the cross over. Exhaust pulses are effectively trying to move in opposite directions, at nearly the same time.

The 2-1-2 with the APPROPRIATE SIZE PIPE combines all the exhaust pulses into an one even flow, which is then split into two equal paths.

I think what you're missing, is that the center section must be a significantly larger diameter pipe, to avoid back pressure. You can't expect a single 2.5" (4.9 sq. in.) center section to flow the same as two 2.25" (7.9 sq. in) down pipes.

However two 2.5" (9.8 sq. in.) downpipes, flowing into a single 3.5" (9.6 sq. in.) will flow flow pretty good.

OK, now I've explained my theory, Lets hear yours?

BTW: Where is all your anger coming from?

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Back