Gauge Pod

Mustang54

I need to add some aftermarket gauges to my SC. I have seen several of your cars with gauge pods on the pillar above the dash. I went to the local speed shop and the only thing they had in their catalog was for a Mustang. Is this what everyone is using, or is there a better solution?

Also, I would like to run the factory oil pressure gauge and the Autometer unit I am buying. Has anyone plumbed two senders? Did you use a "T" or is there an auxilliary oil pressure plug in the block somewhere? Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure he's refering to the A-pillar guage pods. Autometer makes one for he sc. Dual and single pods. You can find them on autometer's website and order them pretty much anywhere. autometer part number are as follows:
---------------------------Dual--Single
Ford Thunderbird 89-93 10116 10117
Ford Thunderbird 94-97 10118 10119
both are for 2-1/16" guages.
If ordering the part, the number is usually preceded by ATM-(then part number)
Hope that's what you wanted,
Kyle

I will go to the Autometer site and check that out.

Thank you for your replies, fellas. I appreciate the willingness of people on this site to help each other. It is very refreshing. I guess the love of a good car can make people real friendly.

Now, if only we could get the Israelis and Palestinians to all drive SC's . . . ;)

Back