Car wont idle

fixemup257

Hey everyone, see if you can get this one. I havent really looked closely at the problem but i just replaced both head gaskets, got everything back together and cranked my MUSTANG! for a test run today. Believe it or not it cranked right up and ran ok..but i do have a problem. COnsider that i have the stock mustang MAF (19lb) 30lb injectors, stock supercoupe FPR, cold air intake, stock SC throttle body, and that's about it, everything else is SC stock. it runs fine if you keep your foot on the gas, but the second you let up, the rpms drop to 0 and the car completely shuts off. Almost like someone just turned the key off. And as rookie as this sounds, i cranked it with no belt via no altenator or supercharger running, and of course its smoking a bit black which i expected, but could the lack of the altenator be the problem or should i be looking elsewhere like for a vacuum leak or sensor malfunction? Any suggestions on what it might be? Let me know

first off

first off-use an sc maf-the mustang one will cause the car to go lean-could be causing part of your problem-does the car have a vacumn leak? zip-tie all the vac lines, make sure theyre arent any off or cracked hoses-maybe run some map gas over the engine with it at high idle-also, clean the iac valve, and lastly make sure you sealed the ic tubes properly. good luck

Back