Clean MAF wires with what??

Bigme574

What can I clean the delicate wires on the MAF sensor with? Should I use a version of brakleen or something else? I do not want to damage the wires, and I dont want to run a 70mm MAF with my 55mm Sensor. I am assuming there is a difference.

Aaron

Clean the wires by spraying them with some carb or brake cleaner. Then allow them to air dry. I like the brake cleaner better because it doesn't leave residue like the carb cleaner does.

David

mopar's brake cleaner is the best there is like no residue in the mopar brand

Bigme574 said:
What can I clean the delicate wires on the MAF sensor with? Should I use a version of brakleen or something else? I do not want to damage the wires, and I dont want to run a 70mm MAF with my 55mm Sensor. I am assuming there is a difference.

Aaron

I use brake parts cleaner. You want to use something that doesn't leave a residue, which is why I use brake parts cleaner. Electronic parts and contact cleaners aren't a good choice even though at first glance they seem the natural choice, because they usually have mineral oil in them for lubrication of potentiometers.

Thanks

Shockwave said:
I use brake parts cleaner. You want to use something that doesn't leave a residue, which is why I use brake parts cleaner. Electronic parts and contact cleaners aren't a good choice even though at first glance they seem the natural choice, because they usually have mineral oil in them for lubrication of potentiometers.

I have used a bit of brake kleen, which leaves no residue, I was just making sure that there was not a special coating on the sensors like inside the throttle body. I used some compressed air to speed the drying process and remove any other particles. It seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again everyone.

Aaron

Back