5-speed tranny problems

wisupercoupe

My tranny grinds going into second. The guy I bought it from told me it was the syncro's. Or is this correct or is it the pinion bearing?

wisupercoupe said:
My tranny grinds going into second. The guy I bought it from told me it was the syncro's. Or is this correct or is it the pinion bearing?

Sounds like a second gear blocker ring problem to me.

Shane

what does something like that cost to replace? Can I do it my self? I know alot about building car (engine wise) trannys not very fimilar with though.

Blockers are about $30 a peice. Someone else will have to chime in the doing it yourself part, but all I know is that it requires lots of special tools. But it can be done.

Shane

The tranny is not that hard to work on, but it's a little intimidating the first time.

Shane if you want I can do the rebuild for you. Price it at the shop and then see if you want to get ahold of me. ;)

XR7 Dave said:
The tranny is not that hard to work on, but it's a little intimidating the first time.

Shane if you want I can do the rebuild for you. Price it at the shop and then see if you want to get ahold of me. ;)

Oh no, I can only imagine what a shop wants. I thought about doing it myself but dont have the tools to do it. Dave pm me or something because I am interested! I think I would rather have you rebuild it Dave as you prolly know these things better than any shop does.

Let me know.

Shane

too bad you guys aren't closer to Wisconsin and I'd ask you to help me do it. That way I could learm about tranny's more.

Back