Abs Install??????

sc_marine

I have to install the whole absd unit in my 91 5 speed took it out fine but someone told me there is a certine way you have to put it back in or it will not work so is that true and is there anyway i can get a drawing of the unit and the names of the parts thanks Derek

Hmm, I didn't hear about this "certain way" before I took mine out to put the pressure switch in, and it didn't cause me any problems.

EDIT: snipped a response that had nothing to do with the origional message. :rolleyes: Guess I should read better.

Other than it being a bit of a pain to twist and turn it into position, it just went back in.

Last edited:
The only thing I found was the rubber grommet inside was hanging up on the mounting studs.
Take a phillips screwdriver to where the studs slide through and wiggle around to make sure metal bracket inside the car-rubber grommet-engine bay holes all line up. Also may find it easier to pull off the two studs of the drivers side and install them from inside the car (Not sure if a 93? is same as my 90). Should pretty much slide in. Maybe your friend meant that the ignition key had to be on when bleeding the back brakes?? Here's a link that has explained the ABS system in detail.. ;)
http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/ABS.htm

Back