i have too much psi

ogduncan

I have a procharger with the 11psi pulley. It made 11psi before it went to the shop. I got p+p heads and intakes and 1.73 rr. The dyno guy said it made like 15psi at 6k on the dyno. Did someone put something back to gether wronge. Also i would like to mention that my procherger has been leeking oil. Would a low amount of oil alow the procharger to move more freely therefore push more air. I was just of the understanding it was to make less boost now. Any comments would be great

Procharger vs M90

ogduncan said:
I have a procharger with the 11psi pulley. It made 11psi before it went to the shop. I got p+p heads and intakes and 1.73 rr. The dyno guy said it made like 15psi at 6k on the dyno. Did someone put something back to gether wronge. Also i would like to mention that my procherger has been leeking oil. Would a low amount of oil alow the procharger to move more freely therefore push more air. I was just of the understanding it was to make less boost now. Any comments would be great

A centrifigal SC makes moves more air as engine rpm's increase.
An M90 reaches it's air moving abiliity, at a certain impeller rpm.

Keep working on the ProCharged SC. Right now you're the 1st. one to Actually DO it!!!!!!!!!!! The other guy is still dreaming about it!!!!!!!!!

If your ProCharger is leaking oil, ASK PROCHARGER!!!!!! How much boost is your particular ProCharger designed to make & what rpm? Either it's a design flaw, or you over pressurized the seal. Either way, ProCharger knows the answer.

68COUGAR

If you have the stock cam in the motor it cannot handle boost effectively at that high of rpm. The output of the blower is relatively linear. The faster it spins, the more boost it will generate. Your motor does NOT flow air in a linear fashion. Your motor peaks airflow at it's HP peak and then it just falls off after that. With a centrifugal blower, revving the motor past it's HP peak is a no-no.

I really want to see the dyno numbers, technically mine isn't an SC but I DO have a Vortech supercharger on my 3.8L MN-12. :D Mine made 280rwhp/299rwtq on a dyno jet with 8-9psi but I do have ported heads and a mild 207/215 cam. PS, both Vortech and Procharger rate there Pulley/PSI numbers @ 5000 rpm on the 3.8L engines. I've got the 11psi 3.125" on mine and see only 8psi @ 5000 due to my cam, heads, and exhaust. At 5500 rpm my boost was up to 10psi and still climbing as was the HP but I had them stop the dyno run since I didn't want to stress the stock n/a bottom end too much with excessive RPM's.

here is the only picture I have currently, this was still during the testing/fitting stage. I used 94-98' Mustang 3.8L brackets, V1 s-trim, and built all my own piping. I'm running a water-to-air aftercooler and blowthru MAF set also with a BOV.
myvortech.jpg

they said the a/f ratio is still off but im making around 260rwhp which is not verry good. There something wronge with it just dont know what it is. I was thinking my valves in my heads werent opening all the way or something. If they torqued the springs down to much would it have that problem.

ogduncan said:
they said the a/f ratio is still off but im making around 260rwhp which is not verry good. There something wronge with it just dont know what it is. I was thinking my valves in my heads werent opening all the way or something. If they torqued the springs down to much would it have that problem.

do you have ported heads and a cam? if not then 260rwhp is pretty good as the stock cam is pretty small and stock heads flow pretty bad on the exhaust side. Ported heads make a big differance also. My engine is almost Identical to another 3.8L mustang and he made 310rwhp/330rwtq with 11psi which is another 30rwhp/30rwtq more than mine with 3psi more. I would think with cam and heads you would be in the 340rwhp/360rwtq range.

Back