Knock from the rear wheel when accelerating

The Big D

I was so happy the other day when i got my car back from the mechanic , he had just fixed the left rear bearings that were shot and causing my car to sway all over the place, but now, the right rear of the car is making a knocking sound when i accelerate, it goes away when i push the brake to a certain point but it only comes on randomly when accelerating. Sometimes its a fast paced rumbling, and other times its a steady thud thud thud where vibrations can be felt in the car. My mech said this could be the other bearing going. I was suprised to hear that because this was nothing like what the left rear had sounded like when it was on its way out. Im hoping this problem sounds familiar to someone cause i have no idea what it could be.

My mechanic cant fix it, and ford said everything was tight in the rear... i cant believe they will just give it back to me giving up on it. And to top off all that staleness, i was supposed to go away this weekend to michigan to visit some friends who i havent seen in a year. but now its all shot.

thanks for reading, and any suggestions will be appreciated

First thing that comes to mind is for you to check the other bearing. Just lift the rear of the car, hold the tire at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions and wiggle. If it feels tight, then its probably something else...in which case what i would do (geared by frustration) is to just start wiggling crap around there to see if there's any evident play.

CaifanSC said:
First thing that comes to mind is for you to check the other bearing. Just lift the rear of the car, hold the tire at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions and wiggle. If it feels tight, then its probably something else...in which case what i would do (geared by frustration) is to just start wiggling crap around there to see if there's any evident play.

just got back from the mech, he let me put the car on the lift and wiggle, he assured me he checked it, which he did cause the wheel didnt have any play in it. I was wiggleing everything i could, he took apart the breaks and all. after it was put back together, i havent noticed the noise at all, i was trying to get the noise back, couldnt do it, baby-floored it a bit, and nothing. So, i think it will definately be back soon, but im hoping it can hold together for the next 1200 miles cause i was supposed to leave yesterday for a little vacation and i really need to get away for a few days to visit some friends.

aside from that small talk though, i was wondering if this could possibly be something internal in the ride control, cause i know that it makes low banging noises when i go over bumps and such, pretty loud to hear the wheel go up and down. But could there possibly be something inside of that which could vibrate at a certain speed and make this noise till i slow down? im not sure what the inside of one of those electronic ?ride suspension spring? (not exactly sure what that part is called tha controls the ride)

Back