Timing cover

kenshi

For those that read my last thread, I found out why the water I put in my radiator was dumping into my block. It wasn't the block afterall; it was a hole in the timing cover behind the water pump about the size of a dime. I'm attaching a pic so you can see it.

On to the question. Which timing covers will be compatible with my 89 SC engine? I saw in another thread that someone got a Taurus cover to fit nicely, but didn't know if the oil valve was the correct size. What about the different years? There are buttloads of MN-12's at my local salvage yards, but only one Supercoupe which has no engine. If a cover from an LX would fit, that would be nice.

Attachments

• front_cover.jpeg
    front_cover.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 161
kenshi said:
For those that read my last thread, I found out why the water I put in my radiator was dumping into my block. It wasn't the block afterall; it was a hole in the timing cover behind the water pump about the size of a dime. I'm attaching a pic so you can see it.

On to the question. Which timing covers will be compatible with my 89 SC engine? I saw in another thread that someone got a Taurus cover to fit nicely, but didn't know if the oil valve was the correct size. What about the different years? There are buttloads of MN-12's at my local salvage yards, but only one Supercoupe which has no engine. If a cover from an LX would fit, that would be nice.
I believe only SC timing covers fit. I have an extra timing cover at home. Give me an offer on it.
Thanks
Ken

OMG!!!! is that barnicals all over that cover?...jeeeez.....I have never seen a cover eat up like that, WOW!!!

Back