???

when i had a bad cam sensor my speedomoter wasnt working and it would take it longer to start. It would just turn and turn. Try putting the key forward but not starting it. You know when it stops beeping and does a sollid beep try starting it.

titanium89scguy said:
it just does nothing at all it just stopped running

A defective cam sensor will prevent the engine from getting any ignition (or at least proper ignition depending on how it's broke). It will barely run or not at all. Your problem could be a few things, and a bad cam sensor is one of them. If it's not even sputtering, it's hard to say what the problem is. Check all the electrical connections you can find, first of all. Also, you might want to check for a whirring sound coming from the gas tank. It's possible your fuel pump has died.

If it's not turning over at all, check your battery connections (maybe scuff them up with a wire brush), and try turning the engine over by hand a bit. Your starter could be dead also. You can test this by connecting the solonoid (skinny) wire on the starter to the thick power wire with a quarter. If it doesn't turn the engine over, your starter should be serviced.

it was sputtering and dying then we had it sputtering again and now it just wont fire or if it does it back fires into the airbox
its at a repair place now and thats what there changing

titanium89scguy said:
it was sputtering and dying then we had it sputtering again and now it just wont fire or if it does it back fires into the airbox
its at a repair place now and thats what there changing
Unplug it (really, I kid you not) and then try to start the car. It will take a few tries. Turn the key off between attempts. On or about the 3rd or 4th try, it should run. This will tell you if the cam sensor is bad or not. If it runs fine with it unplugged, replace the cam sensor. Oh.. your tach won't work when you do this, so don't freak. :cool:

Back