rear suspension part name?

joenintiesc

I need to know the name of this part so I can order a new one - it is completely rusted out...

It is part of the rear suspension just in front of the rear wheels. You can see it clearly by looking in the space in between the fender and front of the rear wheel. It connects the subframe on the outer edge of the car to the large curved part just above the rear diff. it is about 8" long and has a large rubber bushing with a bolt going through it.

I checked the manual but did not see this part labled, even though it was in the drawing...

Anyone know what it is?? Thanks!

I think the piece you're talking about is the one that bolts to the front of the lower control arm. If so, in the Ford parts listing it's called a rear suspension compensator link assembly, it keeps the rear toe setting from changing under certain conditions I believe. It would most likely have to be purchased new from the dealer, or locate a good used one. The Ford p/n for 89-96 T-Bird is E9SZ 5A972 A, it may change to F7SZ 5A972 AA listed for a 97, I'm at home so can't confirm that on the Ford computer. That # will fit left or right.

joenintiesc said:
I need to know the name of this part so I can order a new one - it is completely rusted out...

It is part of the rear suspension just in front of the rear wheels. You can see it clearly by looking in the space in between the fender and front of the rear wheel. It connects the subframe on the outer edge of the car to the large curved part just above the rear diff. it is about 8" long and has a large rubber bushing with a bolt going through it.

I checked the manual but did not see this part labled, even though it was in the drawing...

Anyone know what it is?? Thanks!

hope this helps
cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back