suggestions please!!

tim

What can I do to make the suspension on my 1990 work for drag racing only? I dont care about cornering or nice ride just light weight if possible and hooking up. I have already removed the front sway bar and the result was good on launch.

tim said:
What can I do to make the suspension on my 1990 work for drag racing only? I dont care about cornering or nice ride just light weight if possible and hooking up. I have already removed the front sway bar and the result was good on launch.
You can also cut your front springs down a coil, use 90/10 shocks on the front wheels, and then get one of spinningwheels-sc.com's rear wheel hop kits.

I would also recommend welding up the subframe a bit and stripping your interior right down. Numerous rear suspension parts and driveline parts from Mark VIIs are lighter than the SCs. Fiberglass body parts can also save you a couple of hundred pounds.

If you're drag racing, you can take out your power steering and other accessories that aren't needed for driving in a straight line, also.

cutting the coils down is a good idea. What 90.10 shock will work on our cars? If I have my way this car will be down to 300olbs. I want to get rid of everything that i dont need except the lights and turn signals. I really want a low 12 second car, The choice is to put another $4000 or $5000 dollars in the engine or make it really light. Light is a lot cheaper.

tim said:
cutting the coils down is a good idea. What 90.10 shock will work on our cars? If I have my way this car will be down to 300olbs. I want to get rid of everything that i dont need except the lights and turn signals. I really want a low 12 second car, The choice is to put another $4000 or $5000 dollars in the engine or make it really light. Light is a lot cheaper.
It's probably going to cost a bit more than $5000 to make your car low 12s. Shedding 1000Lbs is not going to be easy, either. You'll want to look at a totally gutted interior, aluminum rear suspension and driveshaft and diff, fiberglass front end and decklid and doors (which means a roll cage, or at least door bars), and fuel cell to get down to 3200Lbs or so.

I'd spend the money on the motor and a rear suspension, first. Maybe a fiberglass hood and decklid also. That should get you into the 12s. Low 12s will require lots of practice, which is the fun part.

Ryan

To get into the 12 second range I need, Swap 3:73 gears for 4:10. Have my lentech converter redone to stall about 2800. It stalls at 2300 now. Get a mangaport 2 done on the blower with the intake plenium. swap out the 75 mm throttle body for a 85. Make the car light. Last time out I went 13.804. That was wit 5% od on the blower and 11 lbs of boost. 500lbs of weight loss should be 13.5, aluminum jackshaft pulley at 5% and aluminum underdrive pulleys should get me at 12 or close. What I really want is an A.R. blower. With that 12 is there. I started out the season this year ruiing 16.00 with the same engine trans and rear gears I have now. A tweak here and there got me down to high 13.

Back