H.I.D xenon lights

Burbank95sc

Anyone put on the car xenon H.I.D lights.Have you ever had any problems with them . I just put xenon lights on my sc few days ago,they are of mazda rx-8 ,they work well so far with one problem-no high beams because the 9007 lights uses only one bulb for high and low beams, it would be lot easier with early model. I got them for free then why not to put them on the car.

thanks for replies

iv'e had them on my 97 cougar for 2 years now with no problems...only crappy things are you will not pass inspection because of no hi-beams

XR7 as hell said:
iv'e had them on my 97 cougar for 2 years now with no problems...only crappy things are you will not pass inspection because of no hi-beams

What did you go with?

Nettlesd said:
What did you go with?

i went with a plug and play kit from ebay that cost me about 300 bucks 2 years ago

very easy to install and i got the 6000k's....one thing is for sure i will never ever go back to a halogen light again!

Xenon OR H.I.D.

Burbank95sc said:
Anyone put on the car xenon H.I.D lights.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Xenon & H.I.D different things?

Xenon have xenon gas in side them, which allows a FILIMENT to burn at a higher Kelvin temp.

H.I.D. (High Intensity Discharge) is an actual arc, similiar to the arc used in movie projectors.

So I think you can have Xenon OR H.I.D., but not both.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Xenon & H.I.D different things?

Xenon have xenon gas in side them, which allows a FILIMENT to burn at a higher Kelvin temp.

H.I.D. (High Intensity Discharge) is an actual arc, similiar to the arc used in movie projectors.

So I think you can have Xenon OR H.I.D., but not both.

68COUGAR

HID and Xenon are the exact same thing!

Do NOT put a HID bulb into your headlamps. It is very illegal, and not smart at all. You will blind on-coming traffic... and could cause an accident!

-Kornhaus

gldiii said:

Mike, from HIDS4LESS.com, has gone out to business. His company went belly-up when the Government BANNED aftermarket HID systems. He was charged 10,000 PER bulb he sold. So you can imagine what type of crap/debt he is in!

Mike and I talked quite often... when he ordered ballasts from me/Hella. Haven't talked to him since he lost his company.

-Kornhaus

Filiment vs. Arc

hellakornhaus said:
HID and Xenon are the exact same thing!

Do NOT put a HID bulb into your headlamps. It is very illegal, and not smart at all. You will blind on-coming traffic... and could cause an accident!

-Kornhaus
If you read
http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/xenon_bulbs.htm
it explains about the arc of real H.I.D. lights. There can be No arc, if there is a filiment.

I have Xenon gas filiment bulbs in all my cars with no problem. Also put them in my my Mom & Dads cars withough incident.

68COUGAR

I read the post as well as the link that gldiii provided and am still curious as to how they can be installed.. I want to install a H.I.D. setup on my 90 SC but i don't wanna blind the oncomonig traffic (specially if its a cop)... So is it possible to just purchase a 9006 HID Kit and install them in the headlight housings, or are the Audi projectors needed ???? Any and all help is greatly appreciated...
Thanks
:)

the way it was explained to me the best way to do it is to install the audi projectors and ballast but you should have the clear headlights like on the 96-97 this mod is not a plug and play mod there is some amount of fab work involved

Brad Klein::::: I am still a bit confused and I was hoping you could clear it up a bit for me.. Why couldn't it be possible to put in the 9006 HID Bulbs along w/ the ballast into a stock housing ?? would a 9006 HID buld completely sit different than a stock replacement 9006 bulb ???? Just want to have a better understanding...
Thanks...

headlights

what other cars out there have the same sort of shape headlights as a 90SC does? i also wanted to do a headlight project

hellakornhaus said:
Mike, from HIDS4LESS.com, has gone out to business. His company went belly-up when the Government BANNED aftermarket HID systems. He was charged 10,000 PER bulb he sold. So you can imagine what type of crap/debt he is in!

Mike and I talked quite often... when he ordered ballasts from me/Hella. Haven't talked to him since he lost his company.

-Kornhaus

there not illegal in texas we all run them on our cars

also to quote the guy who said hids and xenons are the same they are not they are completly different HIDs wont even work with the factory setup they wont even turn on and if they did they would fry your light harness so fast. The Hid needs a ballast to convert the 12v system into much more so it can turn on for the initial turn on. after that they dont need much kinda like a flourescent bulb.
(hellakornhaus) I dont know what you were thinking but these light systems and light bulbs are very different.

(Admin Edit)

scfix92 said:
also to quote the guy who said hids and xenons are the same they are not they are completly different HIDs wont even work with the factory setup they wont even turn on and if they did they would fry your light harness so fast. The Hid needs a ballast to convert the 12v system into much more so it can turn on for the initial turn on. after that they dont need much kinda like a flourescent bulb.
(hellakornhaus) I dont know what were thinking but these light systems and light bulbs are very different.

HID's and xenons are the same thing they do need a ballast but can be made to work on our cars
and just so you know are cars use halogen lights and they are not the same as HID's

The only HID's that come in the 9007 are after market kits and ive heard nothing but bad things about them they also have alot of unusable light here is a pick of a Honda with a Hella(its what the guy said but he also said it was a 8000 which would be illegal) kit on it
9021Picture_082.jpg

you can see the glare top and bottom that does you no good and blinds the poor guy coming at you now here is a real kit using the projectors off a BMW i beleive
412346_99_full.jpg

you can see the difference

as for headlights that are close you might be able to use a integra headlight but im not sure if they have them in a clear style try searching ebay for a jdm headlight but there is going to be some serious body mods to get them to work right trust me im working on changing my lights now :D

you can always do the 96-97 headlight which would be the easy way out and fit a projector into them but its hard to spend the money on the headlight knowing your just gonna hack them up to put the projectors into and if you screw up you just ruined you new headlight

Back