Factory Alarm goes off after p/lock is used

thumpjimmy

When I use the power lock button the ALARM light goes solid and then triggers after 30/40 seconds. ALARM light flashs when car is off and door is open, if I just press the lock plunger down light goes out when door is closed and all is good. How can I fix this without sending a neg pulse to the disarm wire(dr green)when the power lock is pressed and bypassing the alarm. I know the alarm isn't that good but I want it all working correctly. Any ideas would be great.Thanks for the help.

You may have a bad trunk lock switch which triggers the alarm as soon as it is armed (after the 30 second delay).
The trunk lock switch should not have continuity between the switch's terminals. Alternatively, check that the brown/white wire at the module is not shorted to ground.

J.D. said:
You may have a bad trunk lock switch which triggers the alarm as soon as it is armed (after the 30 second delay).
The trunk lock switch should not have continuity between the switch's terminals. Alternatively, check that the brown/white wire at the module is not shorted to ground.

I checked the trunk switch. OK. Tested the brown/w wire at unit and it was grounded. cut the lead and alarm is not triggering(working with p/lock now). What does the brown/w wire control.

thumpjimmy said:
I checked the trunk switch. OK. Tested the brown/w wire at unit and it was grounded. cut the lead and alarm is not triggering(working with p/lock now). What does the brown/w wire control.
The brown/white wire runs to the trunk lock tamper switch. Either the wire is shorting to ground somewhere along the way or the switch itself is closed.
Test the brown/white wire at the switch end first. If O.K. then check the switch again.
In any case, you've found the cause of the problem.

thumpjimmy said:
When I use the power lock button the ALARM light goes solid and then triggers after 30/40 seconds. ALARM light flashs when car is off and door is open, if I just press the lock plunger down light goes out when door is closed and all is good. How can I fix this without sending a neg pulse to the disarm wire(dr green)when the power lock is pressed and bypassing the alarm. I know the alarm isn't that good but I want it all working correctly. Any ideas would be great.Thanks for the help.

after you lock it and close the door the alarm still goes off??

debo92sc said:
after you lock it and close the door the alarm still goes off??

Not any more, after cutting the wire (brown/white at the anti-theft mod) turns out I Tested the trunk light switch not the tamper switch.

Thanks for all the Help.

Back