another electrical problem

rhodes588

This was awhile ago, but I just decided I wanted to fix the problem now. When I was driving in the rain, I slid into another car. No damage at all. When I got back in my car, the unit that tells you your amount of gas, oil, etc started flickering and just shut off. I checked the 5A fuse under the hood and it was burnt out, so i replaced it and nothing happend. The antenna switch and the cd player also went out the same time. Is there a relay box or anything that controls any of this that I need to replace? Please help, thank you.

I would first check fuse #17 and after that all the fuses. Read this thread which explains that a device may have more than one fuse. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53352

If that doesn't help, check all the controls in the car and make a note of all that don't work. This will make it much easier to pinpoint the source of your problem.

When it was cold out the cd player (aftermarket) and the antenna switch wouldnt work. I rigged the stereo to be on 24/7 and now I just turn it off when I leave the car. The fluid level gage doesn't work no matter the weather. I just checked all the fuses, they are fine. Underneath the dash and underneath the hood.

I'm thinking maybe the fluid level control is just broken because of the accident? Is there any way to tell?

rhodes588 said:
I'm thinking maybe the fluid level control is just broken because of the accident? Is there any way to tell?
Check that everything else that is powered by the 5A fuse works. If so, then the VMM is probably broken or unplugged.

rhodes588 said:
This was awhile ago, but I just decided I wanted to fix the problem now. When I was driving in the rain, I slid into another car. No damage at all. When I got back in my car, the unit that tells you your amount of gas, oil, etc started flickering and just shut off. I checked the 5A fuse under the hood and it was burnt out, so i replaced it and nothing happend. The antenna switch and the cd player also went out the same time. Is there a relay box or anything that controls any of this that I need to replace? Please help, thank you.

Hey, you never told me you had hit another car! Damn. No wait, thats double damn because you said someone had backed into the front fender. Well hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Shane

Back