Average cost for a repaint?

quick35th

I was wandering what the average cost I should look at spending to have my 35th repainted? I dont want anything Maco, but I dont need a $6K show quality paint job. I just want it to look really good with no runs or flaws. So what should I look at paying?

Shane

Paint

quick35th said:
I was wandering what the average cost I should look at spending to have my 35th repainted? I dont want anything Maco, but I dont need a $6K show quality paint job. I just want it to look really good with no runs or flaws. So what should I look at paying?

Shane

In my area for a good 3 level paint (first coat; paint. second coat; paint mixted with clear coat. Third coat; clear coat.) Take off all the moulding and paint the door jams would cost $3500-$4500.

Thanks guys for the info.

Darkside, I wish I did live closer to you, otherwise I'd take you up on that offer.

Shane

Darkside,

I'll drive my car down there and leave it for as long as you need it if you'll paint if for free. :D

Slysc said:
Darkside,

I'll drive my car down there and leave it for as long as you need it if you'll paint if for free. :D
Sure, let me paint mine first. You have to buy the paint though. Metallic Imron is only like 145 bucks a gallon. Probably take 1 1/2 gallons. What color is it?

Hey Darkside, I'd be willing to drive to you in the summer with paint if you actually are willing to do it. The race car needs paint!

Shane

Would you want it painted the traditional 35th black and silver, or would you rather have a custom color put on it?

quick35th said:
Hey Darkside, I'd be willing to drive to you in the summer with paint if you actually are willing to do it. The race car needs paint!

Shane
You have a PM.

Hey Shane, what condition is the body in? Would it require alot of bodywork? How are all the mouldings?

Darkside said:
Hey Shane, what condition is the body in? Would it require alot of bodywork? How are all the mouldings?

Body is in perfect shape with 100% no rust. The one I have know needs a new front bumper but other than that it is perfect. Look at the pic of my car on my member page. You will see why it needs a new bumper. The moldings seem to be fine. I dont know if they need replaced or not. How can i tell if they need replaced or not?
Now the 35th that I am going to buy and turn into my race car got painted all black sometime in its life, so it will have to be transfored back to looking like a 35th again. As of now I am not sure of all the body work it may need. From the pics I have seen of it, it doesn't look to bad, and not suposed to have any rust on it.

Both car will be painted traditional 35th colors.

The strips that run along the top of the windshield and rear windshield need replaced on both cars.

Shane

Last edited:
Back