Electronic Climate Control Error

SlushNaz

Hey Guys my ECC is not working correctly first off its only blowing cold air (of course this happens on the coldest day of the year so far) and its flashing E2 and E7. Which i imagine is a code. Can anyone tell me what those mean, thanks.

SlushNaz said:
Hey Guys my ECC is not working correctly first off its only blowing cold air (of course this happens on the coldest day of the year so far) and its flashing E2 and E7. Which i imagine is a code. Can anyone tell me what those mean, thanks.
Codes for Existing Errors:

88 - system OK
E1 - replace control assembly
E2 - blend door cannot reach desired position. possible failure at evaporator assembly or wiring to blend door actuator
E3 - in-vehicle sensor open
E4 - ambient sensor (mounted on radiator support) open
E5 - sunload sensor (mounted on defrost grille) short
E6 - blend door travel is out of range. possible failure at evaporator assembly or wiring to blend door actuator
E7 - blend door cannot calibrate. possible failure at evaporator assembly or wiring to blend door actuator
E8 - in-vehicle sensor short
E9 - ambient sensor (mounted on radiator support) short

Codes for Intermittent Failures

P2 - blend door could not reach desired position. possible failure had occured at evaporator assembly or wiring to blend door actuator
P3 - in-vehicle sensor was open
P4 - ambient sensor (mounted on radiator support) was open
P5 - sunload sensor (mounted on defrost grille) was short
P6 - blend door travel was out of range. possible failure had occured at evaporator assembly or wiring to blend door actuator
P7 - blend door could not calibrate. possible failure had occured at evaporator assembly or wiring to blend door actuator
P8 - in-vehicle sensor was short
P9 - ambient sensor (mounted on radiator support) was short

(P-codes indicate intermitttent errors. That is, since the last battery hookup, a failure has occurred but has corrected itself. To clear P codes, depress the COOL button for 3 seconds. Check circuit to make sure the condition has been resolved)

(*note* - Diagnostic codes are only displayed when control is in self-test mode)
step 1 - Turn ignition switch to the on position...
step 2 - Depress FLOOR button on control assembly...
step 3 - Slide blower switch to HI...
step 4 - Push both COOL and WARM buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until "--" appears in the control assembly window.

After about 20 seconds, the "--" symbol will be replaced by a code. (If 75F or 24C appears, power to the vehicle has been interrupted. Repeat steps 1 though 4 above)

step 5 - Turn the ignition switch to off, or press the off button on the control assembly. When the control assembly is turned back on, the temperature door will self-calibrate for 20 seconds.

SlushNaz said:
I had the same thing happen to me two years ago on an extremly cold day. It occured intermittently for about 2 hours and has never reappeared since.

Back