Starter circuit / Anti-theft

Dahoopd

Ok, so when I bought the car with the HG problem it started and ran fine. Upon doing the HG's, I installed new carpet and since then the car has to be started by the solenoid with a screw driver. I havent touched any wires. I did take out the clutch safety switch and hardwire it direct to see if it was the switch. Still no start. Is there a way to bypass this anti-theft step. I was thinking that maybe I triggered the alarm some how during the down time and its not resetting. I have tried the key, keyless entry, and battery diconnect. Can I still get a keyless transmitter for this car and have it programmed. Maybe that will reset this thing. I didnt get one with thye car. Thanks again for the help. Its a PIA to pop the hood in the rain to start the car.

To bypass the Anti-theft module, unplug the connectors to it, and then short the starter interrupt white/pink and red/light blue wires at one of the two connectors. You can choose either of the two red/light blue wires since they are connected together in the wiring harness.

I mean connect together the white/pink and red/light blue wires at the connector after pulling the connector out of the module.

Thanks

J.D. said:
I mean connect together the white/pink and red/light blue wires at the connector after pulling the connector out of the module.

Thanks, I wasnt to sure on what you meant. I will try it tonight.

Back