Whats Up, Im New Here...

l3d0hna3d

I Found a '89 Supercoupe, 5-speed, RWD, Supercharged 3.8, 120k miles.

It has a blown head gasket, and needs paint. but other then that its ok. does this sound like a good project car? or even just a fixer-uper to have for a daily driver?

how well do these cars respond to mods? i have a Buick Regal With and L67, (supercharged 3.8) and it responds to mods really well, and its a blast to drive. but i think i could have more fun with a 5-speed, RWD, 2-door.

just wondering what you guys think about this deal. also if there is anyone in the bayarea (cali) who has one. becuase i never see them around here. :confused:

ok well let me know, thanks

1) Price is one big thing.

2) Are you ready for one of the biggest challenges of your life? These cars are alot of fun but can be a bear to work on at times, more so than a normal car.

3) They respond to mods pretty well to mods

Welcome to the club as you will experience "torque 'O plenty :D :) ." Be careful as you will experience massive wheel hop at excessive tire spin.

They respond to mods real well i'd say it just depends on what mods you choose to do it with. Exhaust, intake, and a pulley are the basic mods to get mid 14's. If you have a 89-93 SC i would scrap that blower and get a blower from a 94/95 SC.
Good luck
Congrats

yeah, they do resemble the 35ths. I think its the wheels. Do GS-E's come stock with black wheels?

only difference with the GS"E" is E means "E"verything.. all options, (sunroof, factory subs, amp, CD player, power seats, heated seats, better suspension, a few other stuff).

i just painted the stock wheels black.

CMac89 said:
Welcome to the club as you will experience "torque 'O plenty :D :) ." Be careful as you will experience massive wheel hop at excessive tire spin.

haha, i think im used to the TQ, but i hear that the SC come with a little bit more :D

what exactly is wheelhop?

Back