While my engine is open....

Jayls5

I was thinking about putting in some heads and a cam.

What do you think about a 216/225 cam? If i put in some better ported heads with it what kind of gains would i be looking at considering the mods in my sig?

Any reason not to go with this setup? I was told it's a really lopey idle, but i'm willing to deal with it for some power.

The way I would do it, I don't know if you have the means for this where you are located but I know out here in Cali. This is how I did, my mustang motor. I had my heads ported, then had them flowed/cc. Then piced cam #s based on the flow #s then gave the number to a cam grinder. He concured w/ some #s and gave suggestions for others. I told him, do whatever makes the most power. He did.

Head porting = 1100
custom cam (Dema Elgin Cams) = 350
flowing heads = 50 per head

that it, and you get the best matched setup possible.

By the way, the cam guy also looks at all the other aspects of your car as well. Exhaust, intake, gearing, tranny, compression, max rpm, etc...

It is well worth the effort.

Let me know if you need phone #s.

By the way the cam grinder designed a cam which made a 1 litre motor make 1000 hp. :eek: NO BS. It was for a sidecar racer.

If you are going with a regrind, those specs are pretty aggressive but still ok. Make sure that your head guy clearances the guides and works with installed height to get you where you need to go lift-wise.

If it's a new cam, then those specs are fine because they will grind it with a wider LSA. If you really want a good cam call Matt Maxwell at Comp Cams. He knows our motors and will get you all the right stuff.

Back