running warm

93blownsc

Ok ive posted a thread a while back about the car overheating, and now it will run great. Nice and cool until you stop for about 10 minutes, then it will move to just below the M on NORM but now it won't overheat. I really need help with this because i dont want to warp anything.

One other problem I have is that the car doesnt want to stay running whenever you turn the stering wheel lock to lock and it shuts off.

Although the temperature gauges are not consistant model to model, it sounds to me that maybe your low speed fan isn't coming on first. You can test that by putting your a/c on and look to see if the fan runs when you're stationary. There are, however, some nice overrides you can do with relays and adjustable fan settings; but I've found that running the low speed all summer and having the ability to manually bring it on when I need to, that I can stabilize the temp in the OR range most of the time.

Sorry, I forgot about the steering issue. Either you idle is too low or maybe the steering pump is going bad and putting too much of a drag on the belt. However, you are not supposed to go full lock for more than a few seconds at a time anyway. Take the belt off and see how easily the steering pump pulley rotates, also check the fluid level.

Steering

Thanx a bunch man, um the steering is only locked when i have to pull into a real tight space or parrallel parking. Your advice is VERY appreciated.

Back