more engine blues :(

trife86

well got my hg's done a lil while ago, and now i have a preety bad knock. so i have a '87 lincoln mark 7 sitting around. so cheapest fix for me right now as im tight on money is 5.0 HO swap. my lincoln dont have ABS will i loose mine being the mark 7 didnt have ABS but i belive it was a option. i will miss my SC engine. but this model 5.0 i have only has 200hp and 275ft/lb :( so i figure ill throw some 3.73's in over my 3.08's than some underdrive pulleys and i guess that will get me started. If only i had the money for another engine man. i love my SC though

Before you get too deep into the swap, inspect the SC engine first. It might not be all that damaged. Crank and bearings almost certainly, but it might not even need a rod replaced.

I may be a pessimist but I don't see doing a swap cheaper than repairing the SC engine.

Now if you want to do the swap, that's another matter...:)

its real bad it has to have some bad internal damage my mechanic said just run it till it dont go no more. kinda upset that i just got HG's done not too long ago and bye bye SC engine

Well if you did not listen to that brilliant mechanic and stopped driving the car after the noise started more than likely you only need new rod bearings.
But then again if you did listened to him and drove the car you made his wet dream come true.

Back