couple questions, for techs :)

SuperCoupeSC91

i was reading of the PCV valve delete on supersixmotorsports

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/PDF/PCV Bypass.pdf

and i'm wondering, i got rid of of some vacum lines and my a/c and heater core/box etc.. can i just plug the vac fittings on the back of the inlet plenum ? and put a valve cover breather on my rear passangers side valve cover ? and that will be truly deleted ? correct ? will this make my car run normal right ? add or loose any hp ? also i already put a valver cover breather on my drivers side valve cover and eliminated the pipe that crossed infront of the engine and i plugged the hole on my MAC CAI so this is ok also right ? double checking on some things :) thanks Alex L

I assume you won't be needing cruise control if you want to plug the vacuum supply from the inlet plenum.
You might want to add an air filter to the valve cover breather.

Last edited:
sorry forgot to mention i already removed all of that :) and the piece in the passangers side inner fender wall, + drivers side.. i also mentioned i would put a breather there :) .. so it should run fine ? no +'s or -'s of doing this besides of the things i got rid of ?? thanks Alex L

Last edited:
My advice is, don't do it.

From that article:
There’s no problem at all under most circumstances, but there can be very significant issues in certain applications, especially if substantial cylinder blowby is present, if the PCV system is overly effective, or if super-charged.

Our PCV system is not considered "overly effective", but does help remove the noxious fumes and keeps the engine internals cleaner. Our engines do have considerable blowby at WOT as well.

Additionally, you may also suffer from oil sqeezing out the oil dipstick tube under WOT.

If this is a real problem for you, look at installing some sort of oil filter on the PCV line. You'll probably have to clean it fairly often though... ;)

Back