more audio problems

lapole37

when i bought this car the amplifiers, sub, speakers, and radio were all stripped out of it(what do ya want for $1000?). i just bought a new pioneer reciever, and (finally) all of the right wiring harnesses. so today, i hook everything up, turn the car on, and nothing. the new stereo wont turn on. i'm really at my wits end about this audio stuff :( . please help me.

lapole37 said:
when i bought this car the amplifiers, sub, speakers, and radio were all stripped out of it(what do ya want for $1000?). i just bought a new pioneer reciever, and (finally) all of the right wiring harnesses. so today, i hook everything up, turn the car on, and nothing. the new stereo wont turn on. i'm really at my wits end about this audio stuff :( . please help me.

Did you check fuse box? Hows your ground? did the ex owner take out the speakers also :eek:
I know not trying to be a wise one here just your vag about the situation and these are simple look at's

i know the fuses are good cos the power antenna still works. i'm pretty sure the ground is fine too. yeah, the guy took the speakers out too. i think the problem might be the wiring harness i got for the power. the wires on the PAC harness, that the guy at the audio shop told me would work, dont match up with the power wires on the thunderbird. it plugs together just fine but the wires dont match, like the prong for the red wire isnt going into the slot for the red wire etc etc.

lapole37 said:
i know the fuses are good cos the power antenna still works. i'm pretty sure the ground is fine too. yeah, the guy took the speakers out too. i think the problem might be the wiring harness i got for the power. the wires on the PAC harness, that the guy at the audio shop told me would work, dont match up with the power wires on the thunderbird. it plugs together just fine but the wires dont match, like the prong for the red wire isnt going into the slot for the red wire etc etc.

Be sure you check the memory ckt. in the main panel under the hood. Most aftermarket radios are dead without it.

did a mexican own it before you?? sounds like the same problem i had with mine(damn mexican's....Me being one my self lol) but ne ways you might have to rewire the stereo whitch is not hard at all just find the ground and the hot wire and it should a peice of cake from there just run wires to ever speaker and a monster to a amp then the bass to the amp and thats about it if ya cant do it then take it to a audio shop and have them do it audio exspress did mine with a warrantey

Re: ...

lapole37 said:

Did you not use a multi meter to determine the 12V+ constant, Acc. 12V+ & Gnd. The dash light wire sometimes measures as gnd too, and turning on the light will comfirm that.

The fuse for the constant 12V+ is in the engine compartment, and the Acc. is under the dash.

Hope that helps...

Stay out of stereo shops

JOE91SC said:
Did you not use a multi meter to determine the 12V+ constant, Acc. 12V+ & Gnd. The dash light wire sometimes measures as gnd too, and turning on the light will comfirm that.

The fuse for the constant 12V+ is in the engine compartment, and the Acc. is under the dash.

Hope that helps...
Go to Wal-Mart and get the conection per aftermarket stereo 2 choices .../which ever your car was origanally Premieum sound and you know standard stock stereo. this should do ya up and omly cost about $5.00

Back