abs motor removal

Travs91sc

How do you remove the abs pump motor on a 91 sc.Does the hole master cylinder need to come out to get to the pump motor. Or can the motor come out.

Take the whole thing out. It is not too difficult. I had mine out twice on saturday.
There are 4 nuts in the car behind the brake pedal holding it to the fire wall. The bottom 2 need deep wells and the top 2 need box end wrench-I believe 15mm. Pull the red carter pin that connects the piston to the brake pedal. Disconnect the BOO switch plug (Brake on/off). Slide the Boo switch off pedal.
Disconnect the 3 brake lines on the assembly. I believe they are 7mm, 12mm, and 13mm. Disconnect all the electrical connections
There are 2 plugs at the front of the reservior and a ground wire and about 5 in the far corner don't forget the pressure switch plug that is on the bottom of the unit.

Pull the unit out and empty it. I just flip it upside down and and empty it from the reservior.

I hope this helps.

Metalman

thanks for the info

metalman said:
Take the whole thing out. It is not too difficult. I had mine out twice on saturday.
There are 4 nuts in the car behind the brake pedal holding it to the fire wall. The bottom 2 need deep wells and the top 2 need box end wrench-I believe 15mm. Pull the red carter pin that connects the piston to the brake pedal. Disconnect the BOO switch plug (Brake on/off). Slide the Boo switch off pedal.
Disconnect the 3 brake lines on the assembly. I believe they are 7mm, 12mm, and 13mm. Disconnect all the electrical connections
There are 2 plugs at the front of the reservior and a ground wire and about 5 in the far corner don't forget the pressure switch plug that is on the bottom of the unit.

Pull the unit out and empty it. I just flip it upside down and and empty it from the reservior.

I hope this helps.

Metalman
thanks for the info, I hope I can get a buddy to help he has three sc. He know just about everthing about them.

metalman said:

I hope this helps.

Metalman
I can't seem to slide the BOO switch off the pedal. How do I do it? Also I took the red carter pin out now how do I remove the big
pin that connects the MC to the pedal?

Thanks

Jake said:
I can't seem to slide the BOO switch off the pedal. How do I do it? Also I took the red carter pin out now how do I remove the big
pin that connects the MC to the pedal?

Thanks
Boo switch? Oh well, I presume you mean the stop lamp switch.. it should have 1 cotter pin and then a plastic inner sleeve, then you sort of tilt it down and pull it off. After that, the MC rod should fit loosely on the brake lever pin. When you unbolt the ABS unit from the firewall, it should come off the pin easily.

Back