New dyno #s what gives??

boostedbird

Ok with my last combo I dynoed at 338 Hp and 397 torque at the wheels. Well my car was stolen and they took everything except the blower housing left it but took the rotors don't ask me Y. Anyway after rebuilding the blower with a brand new set of coated rotors and doing a little more light porting to make perfect and took off a few burs. I had my friend loan me his MP intake, TB, raised top, cold air, and 86MM proM. The MAS was the only difference in my combo and his i was running the 73MM C&L. But when i went back to the dyno today to see what I was making and that the blower was unhurt not only did boost come on 200RPMs faster but was 1.5PSI higher and it made 349 wheel HP and for the first time over 400 torque peaking at 405. Okay thats a pretty good gain for just a bigger MAS!! What gives hahaha!!??

Was there a significant change in temperature from when you dynoed last time compared to this time? Colder weather works wonders for our cars. Plus that small porting you did could have made a difference also, and the new pro M maf may have changed your a/f ratio compared to the C&L.

Back