Driveline Vibration

SonySC

I started to have a driveline vibration at speed problem last year. I figured it was my driveshaft so I had a new custom aluminum one made by Driveline Services of concord, CA. At the same time I changed my rear to a MK8 unit with 3.73s. The aluminum unit was a little noisier but the vibration problem seemed to go away. Lately it has returned although not as bad. I got underneath it and found one trans mount bolt gone and the others only finger tight. And I know that I had torqued the liven daylights out of them last year.
I had the AOD trans rebuilt last and I wonder if maybe it may be the tailshaft bushing gone bad allowing the spline on the deiveshaft to cock under power.
The reason I had the tranny out was that I had exploded my mainshaft while under steadily applied power in 3rd gear. Has anyone had a bad experience with their AOD tailshaft? I know of a couple of guys that have broken their tailshaft housings at speed. If the driveshaft is getting a tad out of line it will really raise heck with driveline vibrations.
George Clarke aka the SonySC@hotmail.com 925-984-3785 cell

Back