PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in Ottawa?

Grims95SC
11-07-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm flying out from BC to go to the Grey Cup in two weeks meeting up with a friend from Toronto there. Other than the regular Grey Cup parties, what are some other cool places to party? It would also be cool if any of ya are around to say hi. Especially since Ed give me a bit of ribbing when I said in the SCCoWC board I was in Toronto this summer for my vacation. :)

fast Ed
11-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately Ottawa is populated mostly by civil servants and their families ... so I'm not sure how exiciting you will find it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it been's a long time since I've been to Ottawa, I have no idea what's around up there these days. Hopefully someone who lives a bit closer to that area will chime in.

cheers,
Ed N.

JRROSS
11-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Anywhere in the market area is cool......near downtown......

Rippers..... the Bare Fax...... in case you want to go that route.....

phyxius
11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
i'ld stick with the Bare Fax but there are a few places along the strip you could go.

Grims95SC
11-08-2004, 12:20 AM
As much as I love going to the peelers, my friend who's a girl wouldn't like it quite as much. I'm thinking more like cool Irish pubs, cool sports bars etc...

Kingghost
11-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Take the two minute stroll to Hull and get some cheap beer, and such, I don't know prices in BC, but Ontario sucks for tax :(

shotbirdsc
11-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Lot's of great places on Elgin St. Bulldog Pub and right across the road is the Lieutenant's Pump(Waverly and Elgin St) great area lots of pubs and a few clubs and Sport's bars all within a few blocks. Otherwise the Byward market is filled with bars.

phyxius
11-08-2004, 05:56 PM
i don't advise the hull area they get testy with english.hell i am from that area and i don't even go there

Grims95SC
11-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Hum thanks for the warning, I'll skip Hull. My french sucked back when I took it in school and I'm pretty sure it's even worse now. How much is it for a pint of an average ale at a pub? It's about $5.50 or so at most here.
But it sounds like I'll be spending lots of time around Waverly and Elgin St getting right hosed! If you guys see a BC fan with a Jim Young #30 jersey, Lions toque and Lions flag with a pitcher of beer infront of him at any of those bars or a Grey Cup party, stop by and say hi! :D

Blown_347_SC
11-09-2004, 04:10 AM
Stay outta Hull IMO lol.. we always seem to leave in 'cuffs... :rolleyes: :D

Grims95SC
11-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Congratulations to the Argos! Too bad that's going ot be their last win of the year tho. GO LIONS GO!!! :D

HoseHead
11-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Grim - Two choices - an area known as The Market or the Elgin Street Strip. You have a wide variety of everything in both locations - good dining, dancing, drinking or you can even take in a museum or two. No need for a car, parking is a disaster and will be worse this weekend. Cab it. Park your car inside and leave it there. Controlled parkade at Bell 160 Elgin and under City Hall on the corner of Elgin and Laurier. Parkades in the Market not reccommended. This city is safe at any time, but there are punks who will beat up a car.

As already stated Elgin area - Bulldog, Lieutenant's Pump, MacLarens is a classy pool hall, The Fox and Feather, Dunn's for smoked meat sangy. These are just a few. there are at least 40 other spots.

The Market - Good scoff at Tuckers, there's a Hard Rock, Heart & Crown is an English style pub. Sussex House is the more traditional pub, but a little more laid back. There are a multitude of dance bars as well.

If you can't find your style in either of those two locations, give your girlfriend my number and I'll show her the way!! Just kidding. You'll have a ball up here. I'm going to the game as well, but am locked into hosting the in-laws. You go ahead and have my fun too. Enjoy your stay.

Grims95SC
11-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks again to everybody for all the different places and ideas. I don't know how the hell I'm going to fit in all this drinking but I'll try.
GO LIONS GO!!! :D