r/t - .604
60'- 2.234
330- 6.434
1/8- 9.791
mph- 72.92
1000- 12.816
1/4- 15.200
mph- 92.88

Not to bad considering I have never taken this car to the track, it was around 85 degrees at last run, on stock Goodyear Eagle RS-A's. I have to learn how launch this car without smoking the tires off in 1st gear. I slipped the clutch a little the last run and seemed to work a bit.

I need to install the 3.27 gears and I/C fan and remove the air silencer still but I wanted a base run before any more mods. I still need underdrive pullies too.

I think this is not to bad for a 89 5spd, whatta think?

That's not a bad time at all, congrats. What mods do you have now? You should be able to dip into the high 14's with a better launch(will probably require different tires or either a lot of practice, RS-A's aren't the greatest for track duty...I've had them on two of my cars before) being that your trap speed was nearly 93mph.

Updated time slip:

Tonights best time slip is as followes:
14.661@94.45 / 60 ft 2.122

r/t : .678
60' : 2.122
330: 6.137
1/8: 9.447
MPH:74.45
1000: 12.279
1/4: 14.661@94.45 mph

I am thinking that because of the street tires and loosing traction coming out of the light spinning I am losing a bit. I think with some drag radials, I might squeak a low 14 sec or even a high 13? Who knows!

unclenick said:
Updated time slip:

Tonights best time slip is as followes:
14.661@94.45 / 60 ft 2.122

r/t : .678
60' : 2.122
330: 6.137
1/8: 9.447
MPH:74.45
1000: 12.279
1/4: 14.661@94.45 mph

I am thinking that because of the street tires and loosing traction coming out of the light spinning I am losing a bit. I think with some drag radials, I might squeak a low 14 sec or even a high 13? Who knows!

Told ya' you could hit 14's. ;) Nice job! Drag radials would probably only net lower 14's w/ your current setup.

U ran a 14.6 with K&N panel, gutted cats and a 5% pulley??? Am i missing something here? Sounds kinda low, but maybe i'm just dumb.

-Trey

Treys92 said:
U ran a 14.6 with K&N panel, gutted cats and a 5% pulley??? Am i missing something here? Sounds kinda low, but maybe i'm just dumb.

-Trey

K&N panel, gutted cats, 5%pulley, removed air silencer, IC fan. Thats it. Stock 2.73's and street tires. Ask Sweet90SC and Victor from Spinning Wheels, they have both seen and know the car. If I had drag radials, I probably could have gotten a 14.2/14.1 out of it too! I was spinning hard coming off the tree.

Treys92 said:

-Trey

I'm not concerned about his time. He's right on my tail and I am running an auto. See my signature.

My time was done using 10 year old BF Goodrich's and they didn't prep the track that day. Just think what I could have done on newer tires or drag radials on a prepped track.

I would reccommend changing out the resonator. That is the biggest restriction in the exhaust system. The day I drove my car home after they replaced the resonator, I could tell the car was faster.

Sorry guys, i didn't mean to come off like an a**. Not what i meant to do. Its just that i've never been to track in my 94 SC that is slightly modded (see sig :D). And i've always just figured the car to be a mid to high 14 second car, maybe it is quicker than i think. Well congrats on the awesome time. I guess i should get the bird out to the track to see what she can do.

-Trey

Treys92 said:
Sorry guys, i didn't mean to come off like an a**. Not what i meant to do. Its just that i've never been to track in my 94 SC that is slightly modded (see sig :D). And i've always just figured the car to be a mid to high 14 second car, maybe it is quicker than i think. Well congrats on the awesome time. I guess i should get the bird out to the track to see what she can do.

-Trey

Well your sc has an open rearend so that means bad launching so thats probably why your sc is slow and you should upgrade to 373trak loc unit

Did u just call me slow??? hehehehe, yes, rear end is DEFINATELY hurting my acceleration. summertime couldn't come fast enough....

-Trey

Not slow, but slower than you should be I'd figure with your mods you'd atleast be into the high 14s

Well, i don't have an official track time, but the guy i bought it from; his son ran a 14.5 at the track, and when him and his dad lined them up, they were dead even. So he and I are guessing a mid 14, thats all i got til the tracks open up again.

-Trey

Back