gas pedal VOID and other problems please help

WinnipegSC

hey i just got my supercoupe back onteh road yesterday and ity sat for about a month..

stuff to know:
running 15W50 or whatever the 15W is usualy its -10 outside (celcius)
new sparkplugs wire and IAC
all new belts none slipping

ok the problems are
when i press the gas pedal it drives normally but as i push it harder adn teh boost starts comming the car SLOWLS down.. give it a little bit more gas and BAng jumps to 8PSi and spins teh tires (does NOT shift purely throttle reated)

also my car USUALY idles around 1000-1200 but after this recent work new sparkplugs basically .. its idleing around 600 whihc is what its SUPOSED TO (91 Auto) but it onyl has like vacume of 11 in park and like 7-8 in gear .. feels wierd at idle.. but does smooth out sometimes

my thoughts are..
pluged cats
malfuctionning Cam sensor and/OR TPS
but what would make such a HUGE loss of vacume like its terrible btut hrer is no WHISTLE when i shut off lik there was last time i had a minor vacume leak

any ideas?

Still sounds like a vacuum leak to me.

Try buying yourself a can of aerosol Electronics Cleaner solvent. Or, you can use Brake Cleaner, or Throttle Body Cleaner. With the engine running (idle), spray a little bit of these solvents near all of the IC tube joints, or intake plumbing, or the point where the return plenum mates with the lower intake manifold, or where the intake plenum mates with the blower. If at any point the idle starts to climb, then you've most likely found a vacuum leak. Don't stop after just finding one, because there may be more.

Good luck!

BTW, I don't suggest running that heavy of oil in your climate. I run 15W40 synthetic blend during the Summer, and even though I don't drive the car through the Winter here in Hamilton, Ontario, I change to 10W30 for the final oil change of the season. I typically start the car once every other week all Winter long (out in the garage). In the Spring, I dump that oil and start with some fresh 15W40.

Sean

I suspect the change in idle and vacuum signal have something to do with the new IAC valve you installed. Did you buy the new one from Ford or is it an aftermarket unit ?

David

maybe vacume leak but id think it would make noise if it was that bad

the IAC was a OEM ford from ford.. and the car ran fine with it until after i parked it for a month(couldnt afford insurence) i changed teh plugs and then bam it was runnig the liek that

You won't necessarily hear any kind of hissing noise if you've got a vacuum leak. The 'wounded goose' sound you were hearing before was probably because of the bad IAC. That's fairly common. Try the check that I described, and let us know if you find any vacuum leaks.

Regards,

Sean

ok well heres teh story

i checked the harmonic balncer.. shes good
i checked for lots of white smoke (some present always has been a little)

then the car was do9ing it normal idle(1000) and ever rotation or so liek audible sound of a complete engine trn like a cammed V8 :p the check engine lght comes on in PERFECT sequence

if a spark plug wire isnt quiet on would it trigger teh CEL
this soudns liek either crank or camshaft sensor .. mroe tehn likely cPS as the upshift light is NOT on as i start teh car.. if i tap teh gas sudlely and anytimes it bogs out for a second like it wants to stall

i was thinking maybe fuel pump ?? fuel filter is new.. spark plugs and wires new but one of them didnt quiet feel liek it was on (number 4 cyl stupid charge pipings in teh way)

ok sitll got the rough idle n such thinking maybe vacume leak or cam sensor..

RAN A CODE SCANNER and got a 12 during KoEo and a 411 in the KoEr test

didnt runa a cylender balance test cause i dont think everything is upto par to be able to safely make that it stuterd BIGGG time when i did the WOT test

WinnipegSC said:
ok sitll got the rough idle n such thinking maybe vacume leak or cam sensor..

RAN A CODE SCANNER and got a 12 during KoEo and a 411 in the KoEr test

didnt runa a cylender balance test cause i dont think everything is upto par to be able to safely make that it stuterd BIGGG time when i did the WOT test

Maybe one or two of the plugs you installed was bad or cracked. I know you said they were new, but it is easy to bump them on something and crack them. Just an idea.

David

Back